Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add children to family account

ANSWERED

Hi

I can't set up family account to set up Childs ace 3

I bought a ace 3 for my daughter, im not a Fitbit user so had to set an account up 1st. I used my google account to log in. I set up my family how ever on my family it just say

to add children, make sure they're part of your family on Google, then set them up on Fitbit, their name will appear

I have made my daughter a account on my account as she is only 5 and added her to my family on google but nothing is showing up in my family on Fitbit app

please can someone help 

thanks

ben

Best Answer
430 REPLIES 430

EXACTLY the same situation including the unhappy 10 year old with the one present he asked for 

Best Answer

I hope people find this encouraging, because after days of resetting and reloading around 1 AM on Monday morning everything finally went through work smoothly. I have migrated to google, and my daughters ace 3 is working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much! I was able to do it as well--

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm able to move my adult account to Google on Fitbit, but I am unable to add Ace 3.  When I click on "My Family" no one shows up.  I have confirmed my Google Family Link includes myself and my child (under 13), but it does not show up.

I have tried adding Fitbit to other devices and using her google account to login, but then I get an error that a child under 13 (managed/supervised child google account) cannot have a Fitbit account. 

So are kids under 13 just not allowed to have an Ace 3?  (She doesn't have her own phone or her own tablet..so we won't be connecting it to her own device, and even when i try to add Fitbit to another tablet it does not allow me to log-in as her to create an account.)

Camila--do your kids have their own devices and were you able to create fitbit accounts for them?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I spoke to Fitbit that didn't help either - they said to make sure I had the latest update on my iPhone, which I do..I've tried Google again on the off chance it may work and it still doesn't. I won't be bothering again, not worth my time!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried to set up an ace 3 today. It's total UI garbage. Returning item.

Best Answer

Yep we have a brand new ace 3 and no family showing, in my family, despite being on our google account…. Any idea how long this may take to resolve? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here what rubbish, ruined my kid’s birthday. 

Best Answer

Is there any workaround?

Best Answer

, my daughter didn’t show in the family account until I went up to the top right corner on the today screen where my email was and entered her Google login and login as her and then add her ace three as a device. It doesn’t show up in Google family until later. It’s kind of hard to explain, but I basically had to and was able to login using her Gmail information once I have mine set up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you have to remove your login? I can’t find a way to log out from Fitbit, without removing my google account from device

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same!!! 2 hours trying to get this to work for daughters birthday tomorrow. How is this even still being sold?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been in the exact same situation, right down to the unhappy birthday boy/girl. After much frustration, I finally got it working with help from tech support. In case this is helpful to others, here are the steps I took:

To rule out any strangeness with my accounts, tech support had me create a new parent account and add a child to it using the Family Link app on Android. One annoying thing with this is that you will need at least two separate phone numbers where you can receive an SMS to verify that you're not a bot. (In retrospect, it's possible that this entire step was unnecessary.)

After that, I got these directions from tech support:

On parent's device: ( If iOS, go directly to uninstall)

1. Device settings > all apps > Fit.bit
  2. Clear cache and data > uninstall 
  3. Reinstall Fit.bit app
  4. Select Sign in w/ Google
  5. Settings> Family > check if there is an option to set up Family

Child's device: The child must be signed in on an android device with an android version 9.0++.

Device settings > all apps > Fit.bit

1. uninstall/reinstall Fit.bit app
  2. Select Sign in w/ Google > select or enter supervised account ( must sign in on the Fit.bit. app)
  3. It should ask for parent permission and just follow the prompts until completion

I will note that I was able to set up my child's device on Fitbit on an iPad (despite the instructions saying that Android was required).

I think the key for me was that you need to have two mobile devices, one for the parent and one for the child. Then, you do the following:

1. Sign in to the Fitbit app on the parent's device using the parent's Google account.
  2. Sign in to the Fitbit app on the child's device using the child's Google account. This will launch an elaborate process that verifies that the child is allowed to use Fitbit.

Note that the Ace 3 will be paired with the child's device as part of the setup process after step 2. Do not pair the Ace 3 with the parent's device in step 1.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

Same issue here. Rang customer service this eve and the guy I spoke to said it was a known issue, but had no idea how long it would take it Fix. I told him you can't sell devices you know don't work, but after a while he just hung up on me. Pretty unbelievable. Would appreciate a response from someone at fitbit who actually knows what they're talking about.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sharing the steps that you've tried so far, as well as the screenshots provided. I understand how you're feeling about this process, and your efforts are truly appreciated.

Let me share this has been reported to our team so they can look into this. In the meantime and just if you needed, please refer to the "Why can’t I move Fitbit to my Google Account?" section of the main help article.

Best Answer

I ended up returning it after trying on IOS, and two androids.  Such a disappointment!  Honestly if it weren’t for the minion wristband, my child could care less.  But alas, it’s the Minions branding that made us keep attempting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did an only chat which was pointless, then called fitbit UK and they said its an ongoing issue they have to resolve between them and Google and each account with this issue (I assume through communication) could take up to a month to resolve. I'm fuming gave it to my son for his 9th birthday hasn't been able to use it, and I bought it more than 45 days ago.... being prepared! So I cannot return it. Had they of notified I would have tried setting it up 45 days ago! At least then I could return after 1 month or it would have been working for his birthday. They have refused a refund and I cannot use it as of yet.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy, Is there any scheduled timming for solving this issue? It is quite frustrating and hard to explain that a child cannot use its present becasue of a "technical problem"... Devices that are already for sale... Any solutions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

We bought two of these for our twins birthday had multiple issues and ended up taking back to the store who wouldn’t refund them initially. The store spoke to fitbit directly, Fitbit told them there is no fault with the devices although they are aware of the issue and it could take upto a few months to resolve and for them to continue selling the items although  they are aware theres a known issue. The store then refunded me and 24 hours later the store have temporarily removed the fitbit ace 3 from general sale. Probably concerned that they will have a mass of these items refunded already opened. Our kids are devastated and fitbits customer service is utter BS I wouldnt trust any words coming out of their mouths.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am  having the same problem. I thought i was going mad but clearly this is a fitbit problem. Did you manage to resolve this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes