Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add children to family account

ANSWERED

Hi

I can't set up family account to set up Childs ace 3

I bought a ace 3 for my daughter, im not a Fitbit user so had to set an account up 1st. I used my google account to log in. I set up my family how ever on my family it just say

to add children, make sure they're part of your family on Google, then set them up on Fitbit, their name will appear

I have made my daughter a account on my account as she is only 5 and added her to my family on google but nothing is showing up in my family on Fitbit app

please can someone help 

thanks

ben

Best Answer
430 REPLIES 430

Did you ever get a solution to this? i'm having the exact same problem

Best Answer
Not as of yet.... I only gave it to my son on the 21st June.... its a
nightmare.... I can see where he is meant to show up but he isn't!
Best Answer
No not yet only gave it to my son 21st of June so still waiting.....
Best Answer
Not yet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this problem. I created a Google account for my daughter, it is added to the Google Family. The My Family section of the fitbit app says names should show there but it just doesn't. I contacted support and they told me that 'after the integration with Google this is an issue we are experiencing on the Fitbit app, the Family account are not 100% developed so after you add your family members it is not updating them on the app'. Can't fault the agent, he understood my problem and the answer was honest. 

If I had bought this product for me I don't think I would be too upset, but I am upset that my 8 year old who neither understands or cares about Google integration is being messed about. 

I can't get back to the shop this week so if there isn't any progress by next week, I'm going to take it back to the shop and see if I can get the Garmin Vivofit Junior instead. I will also replace as many Google services as I can with other things (without cutting my nose off to spite my face). 

Best Answer

Yup, I ended taking it back to the store and went Garmin instead. What a shame. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue…

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the same issue…

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to workaround the problem using the steps outlined in my post
above. Note that you will not see your kids listed on the parent's device
until _after_ the child has signed in and gone through the verification
process on a different device.
Best Answer

Tried a bunch of fixes but none of them seem to work. The problem I am having is that I am unable to log into the fitbit app with my childs Google account.
It just says 'Can't use Fitbit with this Google Account.'

It's a supervised account through Family Link, no idea what to do. I contacted Family Link support and they said they'd reach out to me within 24 to 72 hours. I called Fitbit and they said it was a technical issue with the app and it will be fixed in 24 hours. Then you come on here and people have been having issues for months.

I'm calling BS and just returning this piece of plastic. It's a fitness tracker for kids, just make it work out of the box. Why overcomplicate everything.

Best Answer

What a complete waste of time - the online reviews are all paid for and fake; they can't even get an account set up to work! I can't believe this is Google owned. Waited a long time for delivery only to then have to go through the trouble with returning. My daughter was looking forward for the whole week to receiving it and we're all finding out it's actually completely useless.

Moderator Edit: Word choice

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thank you for sharing where you're encountering difficulty in the registration process. For those of you who have already registered your child for a Google Account and added them to your Google Family, the next step is to register your child for Fitbit.

To do so, open the Fitbit app on their mobile device, tap "Sign in with Google", and sign into Fitbit using your child's Google Account to begin Fitbit registration.

For complete instructions, see 
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2346.htm.

Once you've registered the child for Fitbit using their Google Account, the child will appear in your Fitbit Family.

Best Answer

Hi Lizzy, thank you for trying to help but I received the advice you're giving from support and it did not work. The device is aimed at kids 6+. My daughter does not have her own device. I was initially unable to "Sign in with Google" on the Fitbit app on my phone as it said I had to remove the already logged in google account (mine). Then I created another user on my phone but struggled to set the account up on the phone as I had to verify the request on my phone, on my login, at the same time I was on my phone trying to set up my daughters account. In the end I was only able to do this by disabling 2FA on my own Google account! Then I tried to sign in to Fitbit with my daughters account logged into the phone, and got a message saying that I could not log in to Fitbit from a supervised account.

Google and Fitbit have made a right hash of this and the fact I had to disable 2FA on my own account to log my daughter in has damaged my trust in Google as well.

I have solved my problem this evening by returning the Fitbit and exhanging it for a Garmin Vivofit Jr 3. Set up was really, really easy and my daughter is very happy with it. I won't buy a Fitbit product again and I'll avoid Google products where I can in future.

Best Answer

i bought the ace 3 for my son but can’t add him to the family 🥲 … no one can seem to help 

Best Answer
I have already tried this and it has come up saying I can't do this, I have
attached an image.

I have stopped supervision, reactivated supervision, uninstall the app on
my device and my sons and reinstalled. I have deleted cache and memory....
I am running out of options! I have been refused a refund as I have had the
device over 45 days even though it did not come out of the box until my
sons birthday 21/06. I am currently in the position that I have paid £50
for something I cannot use. You cannot even set the ace 3 up without
Google/Parental controls yet those controls are not working. I was watching
my money and spreading the cost of my sons birthday and I'm now left with
£50 of plastic he cannot use plus the disappointment of a 9 year old!
Fitbit certainly have more money than I do and this is very disappointing
customer care. I feel I now have no choice but to go to trading standards
as I have been sold something I cannot and have not been able to use and
there appears to be no solution! FYI customer care on the chat was horrific
and the rep just closed the chat with no clear instruction or advise. If
enough people complain it will go to product recall!
Best Answer

My daughter also received one of these as a birthday present today and wow I wish I researched it more before I suggested it as a gift to buy for her.

I've spent 2 hours trying to set this tiny piece of uselessness up. I had a call with support and as lovely as the lady was, it wasn't helpful at all, the response was "I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do", we achieved nothing. The watch is entirely unusable, you can't even sync it to an adult's account- which I would have happily done because I don't have a fitbit (and after this will absolutely never be buying one and will be actively discouraging people from doing so) but you can't even use it as a basic watch without attaching it to an account that you cannot create.

None of the fixes work. This product should not be allowed to be sold. I'm gobsmacked that this product is still for sale after this long of not being able to work.

Best Answer

Please let us know the details steps for how to add fitbit profile to our kids mail id.

And you are saying you have to install Fitbit app in kids device, so you are meant that evey kids should have their own device like mobile or tablet?

Even though if the kids have their own device fitbit app still not allowed to login with kids mail id. 

Best Answer

I wish I would have done more research. I just got this for my 7 year old today and it is being returned asap. I’ve tried for hours and hours trying to get her set up and nothing . It shouldn’t be this hard to set up an account . I can’t even set it up with making her own email address . I can’t even set it up adding her to my google family ..I’ve followed every single step and still nothing works . 
I’m just going to get a Garmin . Got my oldest the inspire and got that going easy bc she is 12. Should be easy with all Fitbits even for the Ace , it’s nearly impossible .
back to Amazon it goes. 

Best Answer

Just returned mine. 

Best Answer

I think we might return ours too. Spent hours and support couldn’t help. 
Stuck adding child to family account on the FitBit app. Get the message “To add children, make sure they’re part of your family on Google, then help set them up on FitBit. their names will appear here.” 
I’ve tried dozens of ways and no names “appear” there. 

Tried different parent accounts, different child accounts, removing supervision, android devices, iOS devices etc etc. 

Surely this can’t affect everyone buying an Ace 3?!

If no fix by end of the weekend, will be returning it to the store on Monday; very disappointing.

Best Answer