Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add children to family account

ANSWERED

Hi

I can't set up family account to set up Childs ace 3

I bought a ace 3 for my daughter, im not a Fitbit user so had to set an account up 1st. I used my google account to log in. I set up my family how ever on my family it just say

to add children, make sure they're part of your family on Google, then set them up on Fitbit, their name will appear

I have made my daughter a account on my account as she is only 5 and added her to my family on google but nothing is showing up in my family on Fitbit app

please can someone help 

thanks

ben

Best Answer
430 REPLIES 430

Another dissatisfied customer here. Same issue as everyone else trying to connect an Ace 3 to an iOS device. Been at it for hours and customer service chat was useless.  I’ve wasted enough time at this, returning the device. Can’t believe they’ve had this issue for so long and they are still selling them with no warnings for iOS users that it won't work with their devices.

Best Answer

Screenshot_20230701_203325.jpg

A month later, and the issue is still ongoing. What an absolute joke!

Best Answer

Whats the “verification process”? I have signed up a child account on diff device but it doesn’t help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have my own Fitbit using the Fitbit app on an iPhone I don’t want to migrate to google to add Fitbit ace to my account. I do not want to add my personal information to Google. I bought the device for my partner to use just to keep track of daily steps this intrusion into privacy is ridiculous. I tried on line chat and was told not for use by adults so my only choice was to set up this family account rubbish and create a kid. Is this really your answer? 

Best Answer

Same here

Best Answer
0 Votes

What everyone is missing is that Fitbit is not allowing a child with a supervised google account to sign in to Fitbit.  Without being able to complete this step the registration process will never be completed and the guardian will never see their child on their account.  Obviously this is an issue that Fitbit needs to resolve or they basically made their Ace product obsel

Best Answer

Hi, this does not work as mentioned several times in the thread.

----

This is unbelievable... we were given this device as a gift and have only just got round to try and set it up...

It's an Ace 3 and i've literally wasted the last 2 hours going round in circles for something that should take 5 mins.

I can't setup as either myself or my childs Google account which is part of the family, I can't seem to create a standard Fitbit account either.

None of the instructions given in this thread seem to work and it sounds like the support from Fitbit is pretty much useless!

Best Answer

Exactly 

That's the crux of the problem

A supervised child account cannot sign into fitbit 

Ace 3 useless, fraudulent product unless this is fixed 

Instant return 

Best Answer

When I try to open my child's fit bit app with her Google account it says it can't do it as her Google account is supervised. It will be as she's only 8! Hence why I'm trying to add her to my fitbit family! Someone please help. I've been at this for hours and if I can't set it up then I've wasted my money on this fit bit! 

Best Answer

Yep sent my girls back and got them the inspire 3 with adjustments as to what it’s allowed to do . 
it was easy to do that one . 
I agree Ace was a rip off and a waste of hours and hours trying to get it set up . 

Best Answer

Hey Lizzy, these instructions don't work. When you log in with your child account we get the message "Can't use fitbit with this google account This could be because you're using a workspace account or because your account is supervised".... OF COURSE this is a supervised account, as it is required for the Ace 3 and to setup your child in family link. There are no escape to this loop and customer support knows it. The issue is on the DEV side, NOT on the user side. The first few times I have called support they were sending me pseudo-instructions like the one you mention, knowing they don't work. But then when you start saying them what the real issue is (fitbit does not support family link, but family link is required for the Ace 3) they admit that not only the issue is on their side but that there are no estimates on when the issue will be fixed. This is completely unacceptable.

Best Answer

Lizzy - as above, the support from Fitbit is almost non existent - I tried the chat yesterday and got no where.

Please can this be escalated internally to the development team - none of the advice given is working for this device!

Surely this should be a high priority for Fitbit to resolve and you should be able to provide a timescale.

Best Answer
Both Gmail and Fitbit accounts have to be new if you have tried with either
of them previously it will not work
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, this is not the correct and helpful answer since all messages after this post still encounter the issue. No child is visible in my parental account, although everything is set up in Google Family. Has it something to do with iPhone? Please come up with a solution asap since you are creating a lot of unhappy customers here.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit - You've responded to other threads today but not this one - could you update us asap please??

Surely this is one of the most critical issues right now with customers being sold devices that can't be provisioned!

I raised a support request yesterday and was told it would be escalated and I would get a response via email but nothing as yet!

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit I’ve done all of the recommendations, but keep getting a 403 error when I try to link my child’s account to Fitbit. This has been a huge waste of time and very frustrating logging in in circles for nothing to happen…now new gift that’s unusable. Pleas help!!

IMG_2120.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

This assumes my child had a phone which he dosent. When is this issue being fixed? Tell us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm adding my concerns to this long list of unhappy customers:  

1. It seems unethical to sell products which can not be installed under certain circumstances.

2. You have adequate evidence of a serious defect prevent customers from using a product they purchased.  

3.  Your suggestions just don't address the issue we're sharing with you.  There have been "answers" only because there have been replies.  None of the answers provide an actual solution. 

4.  This is clearly a known issue to both Fitbit and Google.  There is no estimated time to resolution being offered by either vendor.  

My recommendation is to avoid this product if you need it to work on a child's supervised android phone.  In my case, this was the main gift for my daughter's birthday.  It was an absolutely horrible experience for everyone in my family, complete with tears and lots arguing about what we might be doing wrong.   If you want to make your child's day a special one worth remembering, avoid Fitbit products at all costs.  

Best Answer

Given up on trying to connect this. Getting same message as others. I have returned this but the store will not give my refund as 'software tech guy' said that these watches are sold and working without any issues. It has been 3days since it was dropped and just today he will attempt to test this. Has anyone had issues with returning this item? 

I just do not know why a kiddy watch is made to complicate things. It should be straightforward. My daughter is really upset. Why is this still been sold in the stores? How are people giving 4 or 5 stars. It cannot be true. 

Best Answer

I would like to echo all of this.  It is extraordinary that Fitbit and Google, two such huge brands, have continued selling a product to consumers that simply does not work and wastes a huge amount of peoples' time.  

Fitbit and Google what are you going to do about this?  What is the resolution timescale?  How can you possibly just sit there and say 'oh, my apols, we're doing a migration' but leave people to get totally confused about WTF is going on.  I'm more outraged than I possibly should be about this but this is a product marketed for KIDS.  my son is so excited about getting his fitbit, as I was too, and to find out it's basically a deception on the consumer and a way to continue extracting money from people whilst you fix problems of your own making on your own timescale is infuriating.

I say it again, what are you going to do about this Fitbit and Google?  your reputation is in the gutter with this...

----

So I have been liaising with Fitbit Support today telling them how ridiculous this seems.

Their final response has been:

Sorry for the trouble. The intention of this is not for you to buy a new phone for your son, but the Fitbit Ace now has to be setup directly on the Kid's device and logged in from the kid's account, no longer within the Fitbit app. This was a change in how the App interacts with the Fitbit App. Thanks for your understanding.

I mean, seriously.  For the product to work, your kid has to have their OWN phone/tablet.

My son is 8.  I am not getting him his own mobile device.

The product design seems...... somewhat flawed.......

----

and I am pretty sure fitbit/google are misselling the Ace 3.0 product to a lot of unsuspecting people ....

Best Answer