Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add kid's friends

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My daughter and her friends both have Aces, and wowou like to compete. Both her friend's mother and I have tried adding the other kid as a friend, and received an email asking for approval. However, despite approving, there does not seem to be any changes. The girls do not show up in each other's friends list. Trying to add again doesn't work, and trying to approve again shows a message that "You already handled this request. "

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Hi, @Bgg1 , both parents must approve the friend request.  Has the other mother also approved?

Here are the steps from the Fitbit help article.  

Members of your family account are added automatically to your child’s list of Fitbit friends. With your approval, your child can add friends outside of your family account.

To send friend requests for a child:

Under kid view, have your child tap Friends.
Tap Add Friends.
Have your child enter their friend’s email address or Fitbit user name, and then submit the request for approval. You’ll receive an email and notification under parent view.
To approve the request, tap the link in the email, or switch to parent view and tap Notifications. Then tap the notification and approve it.
After you approve the request, a notification is sent to the friend. Note that if your child adds another child as a friend, their main guardian must also approve the request.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
Yes, both parents approved, but still can't see friends.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Bgg1 , I assume you have tried logging out of your account and logging back in and then checking to see if the child is there?  

Otherwise, it sounds like both parents have done exactly what was required, but something went wrong somewhere...

Is the child friend visible in your Friends list?  If so, you could delete the child and start over... If the child does not appear at all (so you cannot delete and start over), and you are still getting the message that you have already approved the child friend, and she still isn't showing, please do let me know.

Best Answer

The friend does not appear in my list. Do I have to add her to my friends as well in order to have the kids be friends? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, you shouldn’t have to do that.  It was just a thought in case that helped you start over.

It does sound like something went wrong here.  I have flagged your post for a Moderator’s attention and someone should be along soon to help get this sorted out!

Best Answer
Interestingly, I went back to the app today and requested the friend again,
and it took me back to the approval step. However, after that I'm stuck at
the same place.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bgg1 I'm sorry for the late response. However, I want to follow up on the issue that you are experiencing while trying to add your kid's friend. By the way, thank you for trying the great troubleshooting steps that shared my friend @Julia_G.

I'd just like to know if the issue persists or if you managed to fix it. In the meantime, please let me know if your phone has the most recent Fitbit app version installed.

Looking forward to your response! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem.  My app is current and the friend we are trying to connect to has the current app as well.  I received an email saying I needed to approve the friend request as the guardian, when I click on the email it takes me to the app notifications where it is blank.  The messages are also blank.  I switched to "kids view" and her notifications and messages are blank as well.  It seems to be a glitch?  Hoping to find out how to get past this because one main reason we bought fitbits for our kids was so that they could connect to friends and as of now that's not an option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @sammmysmom, sorry for the late reply, and welcome to the Community forums. 

Could you please confirm if you're still having trouble to accept the friend request? If you're still getting a blank screen and you can't see all the requests, please try to logout from the app, then restart your phone and log back in, then check if you're able to access to the app notifications properly. 

Please keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Sorry for the delay. Still unable to fix this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply @Bgg1and for confirming that you're still having trouble with this. I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon.

I hope everything goes well, keep me posted on the outcome.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. Adding my son's cousins and aunt (who has approved at her end) and I hot notification to approve but when I click into it it says I've already auctioned the request?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried to add my daughter's cousin as a friend and have received the confirmation emails but can't see how or where to confirm it. Please can someone help with step by step instructions

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did this ever get resolved? My kid got a Fitbit yesterday and we can’t connect her with her friends, even though we’ve done all the appropriate steps as indicated in this thread! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately not. For now she has to settle with competing with her father and brother. If the kids ever get back to school maybe we'll try again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes