Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add my second child's Fitbit Ace to Fitbit family account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi folks 🙂

I am setting up my girls fitbits and the first one was easy... I now can't seem to add the second device to the family account on my iPhone.

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks 🙂

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @fiziojo.

I am sorry to hear about the difficulty you're experiencing trying to add the second Ace tracker to the Fitbit family account. Thanks for the details shared and I am here to help. If you've created already a Fitbit family account and set up the first tracker, please follow these steps to create the second child's account and set up the second tracker:

1. Tap the Today tab, and tap your profile picture.
2. Tap My Family.

3. Tap + Create Child Account.

4. When prompted, enter your Fitbit password. Follow the on-screen instructions to review the privacy notice.
5. Enter your child's information for their account, and tap Next.
6. On the Choose Mobile Device screen, tap Pair With This Device.
7. Confirm you want to connect the tracker to this device. Kid view appears.
8. Tap Set up at the top.
9. Continue to follow the on-screen instructions to set up your child's tracker.

For more information, see How do I set up Fitbit Ace devices?

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! I have the problem, that I do not see the step 3.you mention above  + create child account. 

I see the account of my first child and me as family owner and have no possibly and no other option on the display where I could tap to add a new member or new account. 

In the help function I saw that to add a family member, you have to add them as a friend first. But my second child does not have a fit bit account and is not aloud to have one. 

Hm... I spent quite a lot of time with this problem and will be grateful for support.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @mantarini.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the difficulty you're experiencing with creating a child's account for your second child. I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I recommend to swipe up the screen after you tap on "My Family". You should see the option to create child account. Please also make sure your app is updated to the latest version: How do I update the Fitbit app?

Keep me posted on the outcome.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes