Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add the second child account to Fitbit family

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a new fitbit for my second child. The fitbit says to go to fitbit .com/setup which is a 404 error. When I try to add the new fitbit, it only gives me the option to replace the fitbit belonging to my first child. When I look at the help for adding additional children to the family, it says:

1. On the Today tab [fitbit icon] 

, tap your profile picture. Make sure you're in parent view.
  2. Tap My Family.
  3. Find the option to create a child account. (NO OPTION ANYWHERE ON SCREEN)
  4. Enter your Fitbit password.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to review the privacy notice.
  6. Continue to follow the on-screen instructions to set up a new child account.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @keldrin07.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the difficulty you're experiencing with adding another child account to your Fitbit family account. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. I recommend doing the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this help article.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.

After that try to follow the steps to add another child account again: How do I add more child accounts to my Fitbit family account?

Keep me posted on the outcome. I'll be around if you have any additional questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @keldrin07.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the difficulty you're experiencing with adding another child account to your Fitbit family account. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. I recommend doing the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this help article.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.

After that try to follow the steps to add another child account again: How do I add more child accounts to my Fitbit family account?

Keep me posted on the outcome. I'll be around if you have any additional questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! I didn't have the newest version, so that may have been part of the problem.

The other part that wasn't clear in the original instruction was "Make sure you're in parent view." I thought I already was, and I did not know there was an option to select this at the bottom. I noticed it after the upgrade. Everything is working now. 🙂

Best Answer

Hi @keldrin07, thank you for your reply.

I am glad to hear the issue is resolved now. Thank you for posting the update here, I appreciate your time and feedback. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create new topics.

Keep on visiting the forums. Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes