Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t get into family account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I synced my sons ace 2 a few weeks ago and now I can’t get into my family account. I don’t have the option to switch to the ace 2 either. How can I fix this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

Hello @mmoraled, welcome to the Community forums. 

Thank you for your inquiry about the family account and for sharing that you're not able to access it at the moment. 

Could you please provide a few extra details? Are you getting any specific error message when trying to access your family account, or you're not able to see the family account Icon at all in your Fitbit account settings?

If you're able to access the family account, you're not able to see the Switch to Kid View option? 

If possible, please share some screenshots of what you're seeing as well, so we can provide you with the correct information.  

Keep me posted.  

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

We have a similar problem. We created the Family account, but now we see only “Create Family Account”. When we tap on that, the message says “Family Account already exists”, but we can’t access it. We’re stuck in a loop!

Best Answer

Same I’m only able to see create account and when I click on it it tells me I already have family account but gives no way to access it.

Best Answer

Hello, I’m not sure how a forum works but I’m having a similar problem to the previous user. I created a family account two weeks ago and synched my daughters Ace2, and yesterday it looked like I hadn’t family account and it also wouldn’t let me create one. I updated the app last night. 

Will her data from yesterday be lost if we were unable to synch?

Is there a way to fix this problem?

thanks!

Best Answer

I am having the same same problem. I had my daughters Fitbit set up in my family account and could see it. Now it’s no longer there and I don’t see my family account. If I click create a family account it says a family account already exists.  Please advise.  

Best Answer

@DavideFitbit can you please address this question? I'm having the same problem and it is very frustrating not being able to access the family account that I set up a few weeks ago. Apparently it exists, but it's not visible or able to be accessed from my Fitbit app. The only option I now have is "Create Family Account". But if I click that and choose "Set up Family" it thinks for a minute then states "Family account already exists". Please help! 

Best Answer

I called Fitbit customer support and after explaining the issue I was having, they suggested I logout of my Fitbit account (on my phone) and then log back in. Once I logged back in my originally created family account showed up. Simply logging out and logging back in seemed to fix the problem this time around. Hopefully if it happens again the same solution will work.

Best Answer

Try logging in and out of the app. I tried that and then was able to see my family account. 

Best Answer

Thank you. This worked for me as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s exactly what happens to me! I created family account fine and now all of a sudden it just says “create family” I’ll click it and it says “family already exists” with only option to click ok but doesn’t take you to the family or switch to kid view. What happened to it?! I can’t sync up my child’s watch which is extra annoying since we use it daily. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same same problem. I had my daughters Fitbit set up in my family account and could see it. Now it’s no longer there and I don’t see my family account. If I click create a family account it says a family account already exists.  Please advise.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Simply log out of your Fitbit account on your phone and log back in. After you do that, you will see your family account back in place.

Nate
Best Answer

Simply log out of your Fitbit account on your phone and log back in. Then you will see your family account and your daughter's Fitbit reconnected to your account. This happens every once in a while and will require logout and log back in to rectify. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here, same solution. Logout and login again. Family account is working now. 👍 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I logged out and back in but still the same message “family already exists” how do I resolve this 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! Logging out and back in fixed the problem. Family account is back and no issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That didn’t work 

Best Answer

This did not work for me either, and now I’m unable to set up my other son’s new Fitbit. 😞

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Ashleyk1.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. If you've already tried to log of the Fitbit app and log back in, I recommend doing the following:

1. Force quit the app
  2. Check if it is updated to the latest version by following the steps in 
  3. Restart your phone. 

You can confirm the steps to create an additional child account in How do I add more child accounts to my Fitbit family account? 

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes