Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up my Ace 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I purchased an Ace 3 for my son and downloaded the app to his phone. I set up my parent account on his phone then created a family account and input his information. I then attempted to add a device. I selected the Ace 3 from the list and then clicked the Continue button on the following page which shows the steps for setting up the device. The next screen says Family Account with a button at the bottom for Create Family. When I click that it says Family Already Exists with an OK button below it. It then goes back to the page showing the steps for setting up the device. I have checked that I have the most updated version of the app, I have logged out of the app several times and have done a hard restart of the iPhone and I continue to end up at the same place with no way to add the device. From the profile page there is no option for the family account, only the option for set up a device. Please help. Thank you. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Mxscar 

I’m afraid you might have gone backwards with the set up. You should have created the family account on your on phone (not your child’s) then add the Ace 3 to your account. Then on their phone you download the Fitbit App, sign in as you normally would with your information then tap profile, scroll down to My family then enter password to switch to child view. Now Child view will appear on their phone and can’t be switched back to parents view unless they have the password information. You might have to start over by deleting the Fitbit App from your child’s phone. Then go to your phone and remove the Ace 3 from your account. Log out of the Fitbit App, restart your phone then log back into “your phone” and start the Family account/parent account. I’ve added a YouTube video to help you navigate the process: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LgiqI-IbmEM

😃 I hope this helps and provides you the best answer to help resolve the issue your experiencing. Please come back and let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes