Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up my child's Ace

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried everything, read everything, deleted, installed etc, everything but I keep on getting the error 500.

I own a Charger myself which is not close to the to be installed devices. I have 5 account now for my child and I do not have any clue in what to do next. I think I would like to delete my Family account and all my childs accounts and start over. My child uses an iPhone 5C. PLz. help

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

This article should answer all your family account questions.

I just checked the compatibility list (which can be found here) to see if your child's phone was supported.  It is, which leads me to believe that it's either something on Fitbit's end or you may be missing a small step in the setup process.  I would go through the setup process for the Ace one more time, making sure that I followed all the instructions in the first article to a T before contacting Support.

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I tried everything, read everything, deleted, installed etc, everything but I keep on getting the error 500.

I own a Charger myself which is not close to the to be installed devices. I have 5 account now for my child and I do not have any clue in what to do next. I think I would like to delete my Family account and all my childs accounts and start over. My child uses an iPhone 5C. PLz. help

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I want to follow up on this issue and would like to know if you were able to add your child after following @DramaQueenDiva's instructions, which are the correct steps to set up your child's Ace.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit unfortunately I did not en though I am pretty sure I followed all steps by the letter. I just keep on getting the error 500. Frustrating I tell you. Creating more "accounts" only worsens all. Is there a way I can delete my sons account and the family account so I can start over some how? Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for the delayed response, but I did find out that you can delete a Family Account by following the instructions here.  You might want to try deleting the Family Account and starting over as you mentioned.

Another thought would be restarting the tracker itself.  You can do so by following these instructions.  Do the process at least 2-3 times to make sure that the restart takes.

Best Answer

Dear DramaQueen.

I did the following;

Create a new account for my Charger 2 ( all new email addresses and all) and on child iPhone created new family group. Added child and still I get the error 500. Also my charger could (can) not pair completely with my iPhone. 

All in all now two Fitbits that cause frustration.

I am all out off idea's.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for providing this information, I'm sorry to see you've been having trouble to complete the setup process. 

Before considering other options, could you please confirm if the exact error message that you're getting is "com.Fitbit.HTTP error 500"? 

Also, please make sure that you've exhausted all the troubleshooting options described here: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? They have been useful to other users experiencing similar problems. 

Please keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

I did a little research on what an Error 500 message generally means. It means that there was some sort of problem on the site, but the problem wasn't able to be identified. My guess is the servers were busy. Can you be more specific about the exact time you tried the setup process, @SunsetRunner?

Best Answer