Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't switch to kids view

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought both of my kids the Fitbit ace 2. When I created their profile in the family section it then explains to switch to kid view. When I switch to kid view it hangs out on the loading screen and eventually shuts down the app and I have to log in and try again. What is the problem Fitbit? I’ve updated my phone and the app, I’ve restarted everything and nothing is working. I bought these for my kids and I can’t use them because of this problem. When will I get an answer? I called the customer support number and my fiancé reached out on Fitbit support on Twitter and we still have no answers. Don’t you think this is something you should tell people about so we don’t spend money on a device that we can’t use????? HELP ME PLEASE! I specifically chose these over the garmin vivofit 2 because my fiancé and I use Fitbit but I’m really starting to regret that decision. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
325 REPLIES 325
I don’t think they want to admit that it is their own software issue. Uninstalling an app to get something to work is an unacceptable solution to a problem. A problem in this case, this does not solve.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well bizarrely it fixed itself today.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine’s still broken... what app version are you on?
Best Answer
0 Votes
3.20.1 on iPhone 8+
Best Answer
0 Votes

This seems like an on going issue.  I can’t even connect my daughters Ace 2 to set the correct time, which makes this watch useless.

Best Answer
It’s still not fixed. Infuriating!
Best Answer

It’s been almost a week. It keeps spinning. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So frustrating. I've tried everything, and cannot setup two Ace 2s I bought for my kids.

I would return them if there was some way to do so...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is still broken sadly. On 3.21.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I have emailed help and they can back suggesting I touch the Swith to kids view button.  Ridiculous as this clearly is the problem I reported. How do I get my money back please?

Best Answer

Hi Everyone,

Per my previous post, I have tried all the troubleshooting and nothing works, I have now raised this as a complaint with fitbit inc sending them screenshot  pictures and am awaiting their response, they are replying but due to Covid-19 implications I am finding it is taking upto a week in between replies.

I would suggest if anyone is impacted by this to raise it with fitbit as that may help them look into it and resolve if they can see multiple users are impacted - my two children are devastated they can not take part in any challenges at present, its really frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cannot get the app to switch to kids view. It is has an infinite spin. And I have removed the app, updated my phone and even reset my phone and cannot get it to switch. Any ideas to what I can do ? 

Best Answer

Having exactly the same issue - completely fed up. My daughter hasn’t used her Fitbit for a few months, and wanted to start using it again so she can join in the Bingo with the whole family. Every time I switch to kidsview it gets stuck. Then when I have to close down and log back in again. I’ve tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling - nothing works. I even tried setting her up as another child - nothing works. So frustrating....what can we do?? The Fitbit is only a year old....

Best Answer

Im still trying to get this issue resolved with Fitbit, I have completed all the troubleshooting advice and nothing has worked so far, even tried removing my fitbit device and reinstalling and nothing happens.

If I am being honest, I am so disappointed In Fitbit customer service at present, this issue has been going on for over a month and feels like I am just going round in circles as they give me the same advice and if I am being honest they just dont seem to care.

It is so frustrating when you wait for a week for a reply then they ask you to do something you have previously told them you tried.

I have asked them what their complaints

procedure is and they just ignore me and now they are trying to offer me a 25% discount on a new device when all I want is for my current one and my 2 x children’s Ace 2 to work correctly.

Best Answer

I can't switch to Kids View either. I actually can't even find my kid's Ace2 accounts/stats or MY FAMILY either. App says to "Set up Family Acct", but when I click on it...says that I already have one. This all started after I updated the FitBit App two days ago. How about you?

Best Answer

Yes I think that is what happened to ours as well. Both my girls have Fitbit’s. One is the ace and the other is the ace 2 and I can’t get either one to do anything regarding the app... super frustrating 

Best Answer

Hello all, thank you for the updates. 

Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated, I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I would like to confirm if the Fitbit app and your phones are up-to-date? 

Please let me know your OS for us to investigate further. Has anyone tried to switch to kid view using an Android or Windows 10 device? All your reports and comments are helpful to continue investigating this and working on the fix.

@BCoffey29 please try to log out of the app and log back in. You may try to uninstall/reinstall the app if the issue persists.

You can confirm the steps to switch to kid view at How do I see my child’s stats in the Fitbit app?

Looking forward to your replies.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes everything is up to date iOS 13.5  just tried again and it still not working. Also doesn’t work on my iPad that is also up to date. 

09C9CABE-6814-49AE-B3C4-08DF667C949A.png

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply.

My Fitbit app and phone is upto date.

I am on iPhone 11 and iOS 13.4.1

I have tried all the troubleshooting listed but not android, however I did try downloading the Fitbit app to my work iPhone 7 to see if it was an issue with my phone but I got exactly the same issue.
Both my children’s Ace 2 are charging fine and recording steps it’s just we can not sync them as it just constantly gets stuck trying to load kid view, I can then only get out of this by swiping up to force exit, then the next time I log into the app it asks me to login again each time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am on IOS 13.4.1 and Fitbit app version 3.22. I am still unable to switch to kid view after 2 app updates. I’ve tried every recommendation and update and still have not been able to sync my child’s Ace 2. An update and fix would be appreciated.
Best Answer