Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't switch to kids view

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought both of my kids the Fitbit ace 2. When I created their profile in the family section it then explains to switch to kid view. When I switch to kid view it hangs out on the loading screen and eventually shuts down the app and I have to log in and try again. What is the problem Fitbit? I’ve updated my phone and the app, I’ve restarted everything and nothing is working. I bought these for my kids and I can’t use them because of this problem. When will I get an answer? I called the customer support number and my fiancé reached out on Fitbit support on Twitter and we still have no answers. Don’t you think this is something you should tell people about so we don’t spend money on a device that we can’t use????? HELP ME PLEASE! I specifically chose these over the garmin vivofit 2 because my fiancé and I use Fitbit but I’m really starting to regret that decision. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
325 REPLIES 325

Agreed. Customer service only apologized and told me there was nothing they could do when I told them the App wasn't working.  $140.00 spent on two Fitbit Ace 2's for my kids, and we couldn't use them.  Frustrating to say the least.  Luckily, their most recent App update fixed the issue.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Liliya, it’s still not working for me. iOS 13.5.1 and Fitbit version 3.25.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. Thank you for your updates in this thread.

I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved with the app version 3.25. Thank you for your time and feedback. Our team is always working on our products and services, and your comments are always welcome. 

@Oncnurse Thank you for confirming that you've updated the app and can switch to kid view now. I am sorry to hear about the issue with syncing to your Vitality app. I recommend confirming if your Fitbit device is syncing and follow these troubleshooting steps if you experience any difficulties: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

@hiitsCara I am sorry to hear you're still unable to switch to kid view. Thank you for the information that you have Fitbit version 3.25.1. I would like to confirm if you've tried the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.
  5. Try to switch to kid view: How do I see my child’s stats in the Fitbit app?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi there - did you get a solution? Same problem here with new device bought for my daughters birthday less than 1 month ago. Very frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Switching to the latest version of the app fixed it for us. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone!

Thanks to some of you that have already confirmed on this thread that they're no longer experiencing this issue with the latest app update. I appreciate your patience while we worked to resolve this.

I'm now going to close this thread from further comments. If you have more questions or if this issue persists, please open a new thread to report the experience. 

Thanks to all! 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer