Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't switch to kids view

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought both of my kids the Fitbit ace 2. When I created their profile in the family section it then explains to switch to kid view. When I switch to kid view it hangs out on the loading screen and eventually shuts down the app and I have to log in and try again. What is the problem Fitbit? I’ve updated my phone and the app, I’ve restarted everything and nothing is working. I bought these for my kids and I can’t use them because of this problem. When will I get an answer? I called the customer support number and my fiancé reached out on Fitbit support on Twitter and we still have no answers. Don’t you think this is something you should tell people about so we don’t spend money on a device that we can’t use????? HELP ME PLEASE! I specifically chose these over the garmin vivofit 2 because my fiancé and I use Fitbit but I’m really starting to regret that decision. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
325 REPLIES 325

I did that and it took all the steps from my Fitbit and added them to her Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same exact thing happens to me. I bought two fitbit ace 2’s and I can’t set them up bc when I try to go to kid view, it just spins. I have an iPhone XR. I’ve tried on both of my girl’s iPads and it just spins as well. I talked to customer support, and they basically just said sorry, there’s nothing we can do. It’s an ongoing issue. Where’s our refunds for a defective product fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Force quitting the app does not work for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My daughters Ace doesn’t even work as a watch. The time is wrong and can’t change it! Do they want the company to fold?
Best Answer

I posted in the Community Boards last week about this and was onto FitBit Customer Support just now (10th July).  Spoke to a nice guy and all that, but he was just the messenger.  Basically they are still working the problem.  No timeline on fix.

Told him I couldn't believe there was such a significant issue with the app, which effectively renders the Ace useless and this wasn't appearing as a pop up message to new or existing customers on their website, and also still retailers were selling them.  Selling a defective product.

Oddly enough I received an email from Support during the week, looking for me Iphone model, its software version and FitBit App version I had.  That they said they were going to help me with the problem.  That was 3 days ago.  Nothing since!  Which maddens me even more!

I'll give it another week following this, I'll be moving to Garmin

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. Thank you for your updates in this thread.

Thanks for your continued reports, steps tried and workarounds. I sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue, your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. I totally understand how frustrating this is for you. Our team is working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible and I'll update this thread once I receive more details from them. Thank you for your understanding. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I’ve started having this problem this last week.

I have force quit and gone back in BUT it still doesn’t work.

I have deleted FitBit app and reinstalled BUT it still doesn’t work.

Any other ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s not rocket science old version of the app worked new version doesn’t. 

So re-release the old version until you get the new version working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! 

Our team has started releasing new iOS app 3.25. Please make sure to update to that version when available: How do I update the Fitbit app? 

Let me know if you can switch to Kid view after that and if you continue experiencing any issues. 

Looking forward to your replies.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

It works!! Thank you very much!

Best Answer

When I entered my child’s details it didn’t save her date of birth and the keyboard screen covered the section to enter height.

I couldn’t edit her profile which was missing her height and DOB.  There’s no edit or save button.  Then the kids view infinite spin.   In Australia there’s no help line.  You pay $300 for the gadget and the website is very user unfriendly And there’s no support available.

Frustrating doesn’t even go close!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I edit or delete a child’s profile???

Best Answer
0 Votes

The new iOS version of the App has resolved the issue for me, thanks!

Best Answer

i can’t even access customer support without the app closing and making me log in, I am having the same issue with both my fitbit ace, as well as my son’s replacement ace having the same issues the first one did. And I did not get a reply to my email ( from when I could access customer support) I’m extremely frustrated with them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, the 3.25 update has fixed this issue for me, thank you.
Best Answer

Download the latest FitBit app from the App Store?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the latest update

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Updated to the latest version of the app (3.25; released yesterday)- and the problem has been solved! Thank you. 

Best Answer

Thank you! Same here! Updated and now working 🙂 

Best Answer

Thanks update works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes