Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't switch to kids view

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought both of my kids the Fitbit ace 2. When I created their profile in the family section it then explains to switch to kid view. When I switch to kid view it hangs out on the loading screen and eventually shuts down the app and I have to log in and try again. What is the problem Fitbit? I’ve updated my phone and the app, I’ve restarted everything and nothing is working. I bought these for my kids and I can’t use them because of this problem. When will I get an answer? I called the customer support number and my fiancé reached out on Fitbit support on Twitter and we still have no answers. Don’t you think this is something you should tell people about so we don’t spend money on a device that we can’t use????? HELP ME PLEASE! I specifically chose these over the garmin vivofit 2 because my fiancé and I use Fitbit but I’m really starting to regret that decision. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
325 REPLIES 325

I am having this same issue. The app works fine for my versa 2. I added my kids new acer2 to my app and it worked fine for 5 days. Now I can’t switch to kid view anymore. I have done all steps I have read in this forum from 2018. ( deleted and reinstalled app, turned phone off and on) nothing has fixed my issue. When I click “switch to kid view” it swirls like it’s loading and never does. I have to force quit app then log back in 

Best Answer

Hi there. I recently set up my two daughters onto my family account . The account has be fine up until today. They are unable to switch to kids view the  curser is continuously going around. I’ve forced shut the Fitbit app and rebooted my phone nothing seems to be working.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

Are you sure that you posted this in the proper forum?  The only tracker that triggers a Family Account are the Ace trackers, not the Versa.

Let me be clear: If you have the Versa as an adult, that is fine, you can still have the family account.  However, your child cannot have the Versa if you want the family account.  Due to COPPA, they would have to have either of Ace models.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn’t have an issue until now. We had the ace2 for a month without issue. 
is there a solution for this? I can’t switch to kid view or sync to device. It’s terribly annoying. 
does anyone have a suggestion/solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, not switching to the kids view, started few days ago. Currently have ios 13.5.1 and fitbit 3.2.41 (970). So frustrating ☹️

Best Answer

We are having the same issue, app is on the latest version and IOS 12.4.6, unable to switch to child view

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same problem.  I have two boys with Ace 2s.  I thought they would be able to sync their Fitbits to their Kindles.  Well, that doesn't work because the version of Fitbit on the Amazon app store does not support the new tidbits.  Fine, so I added them to my Fitbit account on my iPhone.  Now I am receiving the same problem where it just sits on the screen saying "switching to kids view" when I try to switch to kid's view.

Hey Fitbit, how about fixing a problem that's been around for the last two years instead of continuously trying to sell me new devices.

Feel free to skip the note where you say you apologize for the problem and our engineers are working on a fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @haj1973.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that you're unable to switch to kid view. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to assist you. I would like to advise that this issue has been reported to our team and they are already investigating it and looking for a resolution. I apologize for the inconvenience, your patience and understanding while this is resolved is appreciated.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Not working for me either!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. Thank you for your updates in this thread.

I appreciate everyone's feedback, I understand that this can be very frustrating. Thank you for your troubleshooting efforts and for the details shared. Our team is actively working on this issue affecting iOS users. I apologize for the inconvenience, your patience and understanding while this is resolved is appreciated.

I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much for getting back to me No further questions presently.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @haj1973, thank you for your reply.

I appreciate your understanding, thank you for your time and feedback. 

By the way, if you have time take a look to the Health & Wellness board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create new topics.

Don't hesitate to get back if you have any additional questions. Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m sorry fitbit mod, but you guys haven’t been around. The last response was 4 days ago and (surprise!) the same thing as the response 8 days ago. You aren’t dealing with adults having an issue here. You are dealing children who got something new and exciting and are unable to use it because of a crappy app and because we’re Apple users. All our avenues to customer support get us no where and all we have is disappointed children losing their excitement over your item which may as well be returned because by the time it works, their interests will have passed. May the odds be ever in your favor fitbit. I think you need it right now. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply ! I appreciate your team’s efforts to get this issue resolved.

Best Answer
There are 2 ways that tell you to switch to kids account. First one is through the community tab which doesn’t work and does the same thing as you described, just sits on the words switching to kids account.
The other way is to press on your photo up the top left hand side of the page then go into your family account and scroll down to your child’s name and under their name it’ll say switch to kids account. Press that and it should work. That is how I have been doing it. Hope it works for you, good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree, this £70 thing to spark his interest in activity is now
stuffed in the draw!
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t switch to kids view, it’s just hangs with the cursor spinning saying switching. I’ve tried logging out of the app, switching phone off and logging back in and it’s still the same. I’m using the latest version of the app. 

Please advise how to resolve this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same boat as everyone here really.  Can’t switch to kid view, just hangs, timing wheel spinning, then when I force a shutdown of the app, it makes me log back in.Very frustrating.

Can’t even change the time on my kids Ace, even if I could do that, she could wear it as a watch at least.

How a bigger noise isn’t being made about this is very strange. Fitbit is a huge global brand. Their kids products have been rendered useless, but yet they are still being sold in stores. And at a time when we are guiding kids through lockdown and trying to keep them mentally well with daily activity.

this has to hit the media somehow. It may focus the minds of the bug fixers! 

Best Answer

I completely agree! This is a HUGE issue and they should be recalling or putting a hold on new sales of the Ace 2s. I can’t believe it. I bought mine on Amazon a few days ago...I went back to the reviews to check if people have been reporting this and they hadn’t. So strange. I guess I should do that myself!! The only way we finally got ours to work is finally realizing we had an old Android to use. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve uninstalled the app, rebooted my sons ace 2, logged out logged in blah, blah blah......,,,,still not able to switch to kids view. 

Best Answer