Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't switch to kids view

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought both of my kids the Fitbit ace 2. When I created their profile in the family section it then explains to switch to kid view. When I switch to kid view it hangs out on the loading screen and eventually shuts down the app and I have to log in and try again. What is the problem Fitbit? I’ve updated my phone and the app, I’ve restarted everything and nothing is working. I bought these for my kids and I can’t use them because of this problem. When will I get an answer? I called the customer support number and my fiancé reached out on Fitbit support on Twitter and we still have no answers. Don’t you think this is something you should tell people about so we don’t spend money on a device that we can’t use????? HELP ME PLEASE! I specifically chose these over the garmin vivofit 2 because my fiancé and I use Fitbit but I’m really starting to regret that decision. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
325 REPLIES 325

I have been having this issue too for about the last 5 days. I have an Ace linked. I can sync my own (adult) device fine, but as soon as I click to switch it to kids view, I get the spinning wheel of death, and the app ends up shutting down then I have to completely log back in. I am using an iPhone

I have tried the following (multiple times) with no luck:
-restarted Fitbit ace

-deleted and reinstalled Fitbit app 

-logged out and back in.

-ensured my Fitbit app is up to date with current software.

this is frustrating as I made about to lose data as there’s only 1 more days that the Ace holds data.

PLEASE HELP, Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled and it did not fix the problem. Also the Fitbit app has quit syncing with my vitality app which gives me exercise credits for work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can you check if it has downloaded Fitbit app version 3.25. That is the
latest one with has the bug fix in it.
--
null
Best Answer

After updating to the recent update (that was released a couple of days ago) it seems to be working as intended now. 

Best Answer
How do I tell which version I have?
Best Answer
0 Votes

If on Ios... go to app store > today > click on your face icon then scroll until you find Fitbit. I am on version 3.24.1 and don't know how to get updated to 3.25

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experiences.

I am glad to hear that the issue seems to be resolved with the latest app update. Thank you for posting the updates here. 

If you continue experiencing difficulties, you can confirm which version of the Fitbit app you have by doing the following: tap the Today tab > your profile picture > Help. The app version is at the top. If you don't see the option to update the app, please check later as we've just started releasing the version 3.25 and it should be available to all soon.  

@Geoff60 I am sorry that you are going through this situation and appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving. You can edit your child’s details by switching to kid view and following the steps from this help article: How do I change my birthdate, sex, height, or weight? You can find the steps to delete child's account here. Check the options to contact Support here

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
I have 3.24.1 however it is not h go icing me the option to update my app.
Will check back later.

Thanks for the help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It didn't automatically ask me to update my app like it does for most of my other apps so I went to app store, searched fitbit, clicked on it so I was viewing it in store, and the update icon was there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When it wasn't letting me add my daughter to my account, I added her to my husband's who doesn't have a fit bit and it was a work around. Now, however, I cannot add myself to her as another guardian as I have two child profiles underneath my own family account from when I was trying to set up her Ace 2. I would like to delete the two non-working profiles, but it wouldn't let me do it on my own. I had to submit a request and it is still pending. How long does it normally take to get these things deleted so I can finally be linked to my daughter's account?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried that as well. It is still not showing up for me there either, even
when I do the search. Not sure why. 😕
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been having this problem a lot recently. I’ve tried uninstalling the app but no joys. It just hangs. I shut down the app and then it forces me to login again but to my profile. I can’t switch and with no mechanism to synchronize my kids both them and me are getting frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is all working now after the update

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I found the update and can switch to kid view now but it is still not
syncing with my vitality app for work. 😕
Best Answer
0 Votes

I deleted the app on my iphone XR, and 2 ipads for the girls.  After reinstalling yesterday, We can now switch to Kid View on all three devices.  I'm so happy the latest update seemed to fix the issue.

Thank you!

Best Answer

Wondering if you have had a reply yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went into the App Store and did an upgrade. While it doesn’t seem perfect I am now able to get into the Kids View. Still seems slow to get back to the parents view but at least my kids are now able to synchronize. 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this,  deleted the app,  reinstalled,  worked brilliantly switching from my parent to kid view. Tried to go back to Parent View,  same thing happened.  Very frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app update fixed the issue for me too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app update has fixed my issue.  

I am not impressed with the customer service or the app in general though and encourage FitBit to address these issues if they want to grow or retain market share.  

It is for certain that a number of people on this thread, myself included, will not be loyal Fitbit users if we decide to purchase more modern devices in the future. 

Best Answer