Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't switch to kids view

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought both of my kids the Fitbit ace 2. When I created their profile in the family section it then explains to switch to kid view. When I switch to kid view it hangs out on the loading screen and eventually shuts down the app and I have to log in and try again. What is the problem Fitbit? I’ve updated my phone and the app, I’ve restarted everything and nothing is working. I bought these for my kids and I can’t use them because of this problem. When will I get an answer? I called the customer support number and my fiancé reached out on Fitbit support on Twitter and we still have no answers. Don’t you think this is something you should tell people about so we don’t spend money on a device that we can’t use????? HELP ME PLEASE! I specifically chose these over the garmin vivofit 2 because my fiancé and I use Fitbit but I’m really starting to regret that decision. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
325 REPLIES 325

I haven't been able to get the Kids View to work on my iPhone SE ever since I bought the Fitbit Ace for my daughter. The app works fine on the iPad but it has never worked on the iPhone.

I log in successfully but as soon as I try to go to Kids View it crashes and then forces me to log in again. I have tried countless 'fixes', none have worked. Perhaps it's the app, again?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thank you for joining us in this thread! I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit app crashes when you try to switch to your kid's view. In order to avoid providing the same workaround, please let me know what troubleshooting steps you have tried before contacting our forums.

If you haven't done so, make sure that your iPhone has the most recent Fitbit app version installed.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is still doing this, tried everything mentioned above, app just shuts down when trying to switch to my kids...is there a way to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Taga Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing with your Fitbit app when trying to switch from your Dashboard to your kids view.

Our team is actively working on fix to this issue and expect to have this fixed soon. Once a solution is available, we'll make sure to post it in the Community.

I appreciate your patience and understanding with this. Let me know if you have any doubts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My child just received a Fitbit Ace and it is doing the exact same thing to me with logging me out when I try to switch to kid view. There must be a glitch.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your child's Ace is experiencing the same issue. I totally understand you frustration about this. However, our team is working on a fix to this issue. An update will be posted in the Community when a solution is released.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That solution worked for me too! Delete App and reinstall! Bad that this needs to be done though ☹️

Best Answer

I have my child sharing my device for her new Fitbit ace. It has been on child view since we set it up yesterday. Today I had to switch to my account. Now the app crashes every time I switch to child view. We have deleted the app and reinstalled it. What do we do now? She is so excited to use her new gift!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I’ve added my daughters Ace to my account but can’t switch to kid view and only get an infinite spin. Have reinstalled Fitbit app to 2.84 version but still happening. What can I do?

How do I force close the app? 

HELP!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this happen several times yesterday and had to delete and re-install the app several times but it worked. However Ace is still not working but a different problem now!

@Bayley101 wrote:

Hi

I’ve added my daughters Ace to my account but can’t switch to kid view and only get an infinite spin. Have reinstalled Fitbit app to 2.84 version but still happening. What can I do?

How do I force close the app? 

HELP!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi this is happening for us too and my daughter is very disappointed.  We have tried clearing cache/cookies, 're installing the app, logging in and out many times etc.  Any update on when this will be fixed!? We are using the latest update on ios

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is problem we are experiencing too. On my sons iPad mini it just won’t open in kids view and crashes on my wife’s iPhone 6s. The app also doesn’t seem to be native to the iPad, the screen needs to be resized, which is ok but disappointing.

another consequence of having 2 devices attached to one phone is that my wife can’t get “live” updates and has to force a sync for her charge3

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problems switching to my kids’ views. Already did everything suggested above. It will switch to a kid view, but when I try to switch back to parent view I just get endless spinning. Hoping for a fix soon so my kids can actually use the Aces they got for Christmas!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dazza1971 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you experienced with the Fitbit app. However, I'm glad to hear that it's working now after you re-installed the app. Thank you for posting the update here.

@Bayley101 Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! Thank you for reporting the issue as well. I'd like to know what is the model of your phone so I can advise how to force quit the app. As an aside note, our team is currently working on a fix to this issue and expect to have it released soon. I appreciate your feedback and understanding with this.

@MabelDoodle It's great to see you here! I'm also glad to hear that the issue got resolved after you re-installed the app. Regarding the problem that your Ace is experiencing now, I would like to follow up on it and would like to know more details about the issue so I can assist you accordingly and provide a solution.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here (except I don’t crash when switching to kid view - I get the infinite spin). Others have reported being able to switch to kid view after a restart, but that’s not working for me. I can confirm I have the latest version of the app. As of right now my kid hasn’t been able to use his Christmas gift, which is very disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did eventually switch it by going through the family not the friends list but it took a while.  It is very frustrating.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your team needs way better QA. This should not be an issue with iPhone. Very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ntaylor95 Thank you for joining our Fitbit forums! I really appreciate your feedback. This helps us to keep improving. We expect to have a solution for this issue soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit I thought this had been resolved months ago!  Imagine my surprise to find out it's an issue all over again!!!

Since updating the app to the latest release, I am now unable to switch to kid view AT ALL!  It crashes the iOS app instantly, and I have to log back in all over again.  My kid's Ace was at least able to switch into kid view before the Fitbit app update even though it sometimes took a few tries. Now I can no longer switch no matter if I try from the Friends section or the Family section. 

This should NOT be happening again!!! 

Best Answer

Can’t get my daughters to switch either. This was a Christmas gift and she still can’t use it. Not happy 

Best Answer
0 Votes