Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't switch to kids view

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought both of my kids the Fitbit ace 2. When I created their profile in the family section it then explains to switch to kid view. When I switch to kid view it hangs out on the loading screen and eventually shuts down the app and I have to log in and try again. What is the problem Fitbit? I’ve updated my phone and the app, I’ve restarted everything and nothing is working. I bought these for my kids and I can’t use them because of this problem. When will I get an answer? I called the customer support number and my fiancé reached out on Fitbit support on Twitter and we still have no answers. Don’t you think this is something you should tell people about so we don’t spend money on a device that we can’t use????? HELP ME PLEASE! I specifically chose these over the garmin vivofit 2 because my fiancé and I use Fitbit but I’m really starting to regret that decision. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
325 REPLIES 325

Good luck fixing this. My daughter has purchased a different brand activity tracker (and she is overjoyed with it) and now I have a redundant Fitbit Ace.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! I apologize for the late response.

Our team is still looking into this issue. I totally know how frustrating this is for you guys and I appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is working now there are 2 ways to switch to kidview but only one way works which is pressing the icon in the top right hand corner and then entering you child’s view and then switching it to their page.
Regards

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! I really understand your frustration regarding this issue. Our team is aware of this and expect to have this issue fixed soon. I appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I'm so glad to hear that your Fitbit app is working now. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the spinning view when trying to sync my kids new ace what is the soloution?? It’s an iPhone he has, should I return the ace? No point keeping it if it doesn’t do what it says! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jay8055m Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry about the experience you've had with your Fitbit app when trying to switch to your kids view. Our team is actively working on a fix to this issue and once the solution is available, we'll make sure to post it in the Community.

In the meantime, please make sure that your iPhone has the most recent app version installed. If the app is up to date, please try logging out of the app, restart your phone, open the app and log in. Finally, check out if the app switches to your kids view properly.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My iOS is locking in going to kid view and after I’ve installed and uninstalled, can this be fixed we’re trying to compete!

Best Answer
0 Votes

this is happening again. My daughters iPad cannot switch to kids view. It just says on the screen “switching to kid view....” but never does switch. My iPhone did work for the first like five times and now does the same. Tryed deleting the app and re-downloading it. Updated both the iphone and iPad. Do you know if there is something in the works to resolve this? 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. I hope it’s resolved before Friday so my daughter can sync and participate in our family step challenge 

Best Answer

I have the same problem

I set up my Charge 4 -- 3 days ago and my Son's Ace 2 -- 2 days ago . Systems are up to date .

Have to keep  re booting phone to get out of spinning Switching to kid view screen .

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I’ve been trying for 4 days now to sync my daughters watch, I’ve closed the app completely, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing seems to be working. My watch will sync fine but as soon as I “switch to kids view” I get the loading circle and then nothing happens, when I trying to go back I have to close down the app and then log back in. Any ideas?! Thank-you in advance 

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue with my son's. I've tried all the recommended steps and it still isn't working. I've deleted the app, reinstalled it several times, logged out, restarted my phone, cleared my phones cache and still nothing. Any solutions?

Best Answer

Me too. iPhone 8. So frustrating. Can’t switch into either of my kids views, and my daughter just got a new Ace so we can’t even set it up, she’s upset. Uninstall reinstall app didn’t help.

Installed FitBit app on an iPad and it has the exact same problem!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. Switch to kid view just crashes the Fitbit app. Not great for my daughter's 8th birthday present. Anyone got any ideas how/if this can be resolved before we send back the Ace?

Best Answer

Im having the exact same issue, when I try to swap to kids view it just gets stuck on the loading kids view section, I then have to close it down and then it prompts me to log in to the app again - its really frustrating - I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it and turning my phone off and on again but it never works.

Is there anyway this can be escalated ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same issue. Phones and app are up to date. iPhone 8 & iPhone XR. I have tried force closing, restarting the phone, uninstalling. Nothing works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

DId anyone find a solution?  I have 3 daughters and now the "switch to parent view" isn't even an option.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I believe Fitbit are simply ignoring us.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I’ve tried emailing them twice with no response! I’m at a loss, her
watch is still working but I need to track her sleep and I can’t see that!!
😡 it’s beyond a joke now!
Best Answer