Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't switch to kids view

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought both of my kids the Fitbit ace 2. When I created their profile in the family section it then explains to switch to kid view. When I switch to kid view it hangs out on the loading screen and eventually shuts down the app and I have to log in and try again. What is the problem Fitbit? I’ve updated my phone and the app, I’ve restarted everything and nothing is working. I bought these for my kids and I can’t use them because of this problem. When will I get an answer? I called the customer support number and my fiancé reached out on Fitbit support on Twitter and we still have no answers. Don’t you think this is something you should tell people about so we don’t spend money on a device that we can’t use????? HELP ME PLEASE! I specifically chose these over the garmin vivofit 2 because my fiancé and I use Fitbit but I’m really starting to regret that decision. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
325 REPLIES 325

Just a quick update from me, I have recently upgraded to iOs 13.5 and this has not fixed the issue, I still have the same problem.

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Thank you for your updates in this thread.

I appreciate the information you have provided, I'll make sure to forward it to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once we have more to share about this, we'll make sure to update this thread accordingly. Thanks very much for your patience. 

I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue with switching to the kids view. My son and I have both shut our phones off, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and nothing is working. This needs to be fixed ASAP!!  I have 3 kids with 3 useless trackers and I have the premium membership on top of it. What’s the point if nothing works?!!

Best Answer

everything is up to date on my phone and in my app and Fitbits. And I am using an iPhoneX . 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I am currently unable to switch to kid view, either.  I have the "Create Family Account" option instead of the normal option.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got my son the fitbit ace 2 for his birthday yesterday and have been trying all night to be able to switch to the kids account to even set up his fitbit. Ive tried both on my iPhone and his. They are both up to date with the newest IOS software and the app has been updated as well but nothing works. I can get into my account no problem, but when I try to switch to kids view, we just get the loading screen and it doesn't go anwywere. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @AntP321.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the issue you're experiencing trying to switch to kid view. I am sorry that you are going through this situation, I totally understand how you are feeling and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Our team is working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. I am sorry for any trouble. Your patience is truly appreciated.

You can confirm the steps to set up Ace 2 at How do I set up Ace or Ace 2 for my child? Have you tried using an Android or Windows 10 device?

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

You and everyone else at Fitbit keep suggesting that it’s possibly my phone that is not working. How dense do you have to be to understand that it’s the app that won’t let me switch! I can’t do it on my iPhone, my wife’s android, our computers or our tablets! You and everyone else at Fitbit keep insinuating that the problem is everything but you! Fix your app! Plain and simple!!!!

Best Answer

Hi @AntP321, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I totally understand how frustrating this is for you. I apologize for the inconvenience, this issue has been reported to our team and we're working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer

This issue is back.  I installed the latest update for my ionic and all of a sudden, the app crashes when switching to kid view.  I've tried opening on other devices - Nope.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app - Nope.  I've tried opening the dashboard on my computer but can't find anywhere to switch to kid view and nor can I find any literature on how to switch to kid view on the computer dashboard instead of the app.  I tried restarting my phone and blah blah blah.  Come on, are we not beta testing an update before we roll it out?  How come this same problem has now come up again after two years?

Can we not get some substantial information instead of massaging the truth with thoughtspeak?  Please just be straight forward and say, we don't know why but we will have an answer within 48 hours.  Otherwise it might take you years to fix this and some people just bought their devices.  I'm pretty sure most computer guys can do this from home so let's get this fixed and can we get and actual genuine update with facts?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is still a big issue for me, 2 x redundant Ace 2 devices and 2 x upset children who can not take part in any family fitbit challenges.

I have been in dialogue with fitbit for over a month to try to resolve this issue and am just getting no where, I fully appreciate they are short staffed at present and I have been as patient as I can (often waiting over a week for a reply) however, this is just not acceptable.

I have now on four separate occasions asked them what their formal complaint process is or how I register a complaint and they will not tell me, its so disappointing as I am usually a big fan of fitbit (I still am) its just that this issue is being dealt with very poorly at present, its as if they do not treat the younger generation as a priority as adult users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for participating in the forums.

I appreciate everyone's feedback, I understand that this can be very frustrating, our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. Our team has recently released a new version of the Fitbit app and I recommend to update the app to see if you continue experiencing difficulties with switching to kid view. Please follow the steps at How do I update the Fitbit app? 

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @LiliyaFitbit 

I’m pretty sure that everyone has made it clear that they’ve updated their Fitbit app and it hasn’t helped. I just checked today and there are no additional updates for the app. I then decided to give it another try and switch to the kids view but to no surprise I got the spinning wheel of death and had to force close the app. When I relaunched the app I had to login all over again.  

I’m still expecting a solution to this problem.  

Best Answer
Mine finally worked today. For some reason the update didn’t automatically show up even when I went into my list of recent updates to find it. Try searching for the app in the App Store and update it from there. I’m on IOS so hopefully it’s the same on Android. Good luck! It was such a relief to finally have this fixed.
Best Answer

Mine is working now after updating. 

Thank you! 

Best Answer

I searched for it in the App Store and it’s not showing any update. I’m on IOS as well

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @aharrison2005 @DrOrange @Littlemeah, thank you for the updates.

@DrOrange @Littlemeah I am glad to hear the issue has been resolved for you. Thank you for your feedback!

@aharrison2005 I appreciate the additional details. The update is rolling out in stages and it should be available to you soon. Thank you for your patience.

I'll be around if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LiliyaFitbit Can you confirm what the latest version of the app is? We're on the 3.24 version (saying it was updated 2 days ago) - iPhone 6s / iOS 13.5.1. 

Experiencing the never ending spinning wheel upon hitting 'switch to kid view'. Have gone through all the suggested troubleshooting steps with no luck. 

I'm sitting here with my son on his 9th birthday all excited to try his new Fitbit, which I now had to tell him just isn't going to work. A less than ideal situation, and further frustrating finding out it is a known issue.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @johanhal.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you continue experiencing the issue with switching to kid view. I am sorry that you are going through this situation, I totally understand how you are feeling and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and the additional details. I would like to advise that 3.24 is the latest version of the app and would like to confirm if you've tried the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.
  5. Try to switch to kid view: How do I see my child’s stats in the Fitbit app?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi this is now working. Thx very much

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer