Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't switch to kids view

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought both of my kids the Fitbit ace 2. When I created their profile in the family section it then explains to switch to kid view. When I switch to kid view it hangs out on the loading screen and eventually shuts down the app and I have to log in and try again. What is the problem Fitbit? I’ve updated my phone and the app, I’ve restarted everything and nothing is working. I bought these for my kids and I can’t use them because of this problem. When will I get an answer? I called the customer support number and my fiancé reached out on Fitbit support on Twitter and we still have no answers. Don’t you think this is something you should tell people about so we don’t spend money on a device that we can’t use????? HELP ME PLEASE! I specifically chose these over the garmin vivofit 2 because my fiancé and I use Fitbit but I’m really starting to regret that decision. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
325 REPLIES 325

Hi @Ericwalters, thank you for your reply.  

I am glad to hear the issue has been resolved for you. Thank you for posting the update here. 

Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!

Keep on visiting the forums!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, just bought 2x kids fit bit and 1 adult 

adult works fine

but can not switch to kids view on the children’s iPads.

they are all upto date.

the app is update 3.24.1 (App Store Uk)

iPad os is 13.5.1

both Ipads are set to children iPads with screeen time.

fitbit app is excluded from screen time

i have tried the steps outlined

(restart, log out, reinstall...) I can not switch to child mode..

any idea??  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here! I have just about had enough with Fitbit’s. Time for a change I think

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to us as well.

5th gen iPad, 13.5.1 OS, Fitbit v.3.24.1

the issue for us is the latest version of the app. Don’t update. I have no issues switching to kid view on Fitbit v.3.22 for both iPhone and iPad.

From searching through the various threads, this looks to be happening for dozens of people for many months, when are we going to get a fix for this problem Fitbit?

Based on the duration of this issue and number of people impacted, what else can we do to escalate a resolution?

Best Answer

Purchased 3 Fitbit Ace 2’s for our kids recently. I can’t remember a more terrible app experience in my life. It’s almost like they were purposely trying to come up with ways to trip up setting up the devices, making you enter in multiple passwords every time you want to login, and now with the latest thing, I can’t even switch to Kid View - it simply stalls out and does nothing for so long I have to force quit the app. Terrible experience all around. Honestly should get every penny back we spent.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Oliver221. It's nice to see you again in our Community Forums, @LucyLu86.

@Oliver221 thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're unable to switch to kid view. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and the additional details. I would like to confirm if you've followed these steps to set up the trackers on your children’s iPadsHow do I set up Ace or Ace 2 for my child?

@LucyLu86 I am sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issue. I totally understand how you are feeling. Please let me know if you've started experiencing this issue after the latest app update to 3.24.1?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi! I’m having the same problem. 
I have an iPhone XS, Ace2 (also versa 2 and charge 2 so familiar with the app) the app is updated to 3.24.1 as of 3 days ago. I set up the ace 2 by creating a family account, then creating a child account on my phone. My daughter got it yesterday for her birthday. Yesterday I was able to switch to kid view and change her clock face, etc but today I am not. I have logged out (which is pointless btw because once you try to switch to kid view and get the spinning wheel of death it logs you out automatically...) closed out all apps, rebooted my phone, logged back in and tried to switch again. I have also deleted the app and tried to correct this issue by reinstalling it. This did not work either. 🙄 I’m pretty disappointed that I have enjoyed your brand and service for 3 years now and this has been a known issue for 2 years and nothing has been done to fix it. My daughter just “upgraded” from a competitor fitness watch and was so excited to do challenges with our family... but she can’t even accept them. Im thinking basically if I just delete the device, then add it again and make my daughter 13 It will work?! 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi, I have tried this (now I have 3 children! ...) I added a new child, entered details, then it asked to switch to the Child profile, and this is where it hands, I can not add the device under the child profile. 

I can add it happy to my own profile but as soon as I click on the "Switch to child" it hangs, I kill the app, and when I relaunch the app I need to login fully again (which seems odd).

Also the instructions: "How do I set up ace or ace 2 for my child?"

do not seem in inline with what happens.

at step step 8 "on the choose mobile device screen, tap Pair with this device" does not appear, it asks if you want to switch into the child account and here is where it hangs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LiliyaFitbit 

Same problem as described above, and have been reported in multiple threads in this forum.

Apparently the issue should have been solved one and half months ago, but with continued reports that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Please fix this, or provide me with an address where I can return the product and get my refund.

I need the Swiss address.

Thanks,

Kristian

Best Answer

I'm also unable to switch between parent view to kid view without spinning wheel of death.

This is on the Iphone 11 OS version 13.5.1

I've tried the various suggestions logging out, uninstalling, restarting phone etc.

This has only happened when I updated the app to the latest version 3.24.1 (970) where as my wife's hasn't updated and still running 3.23.1 (966) and she can switch between accounts, though it takes longer than previously.

Doesn't work in my ipad which is also on OS 13.5.1 and running the latest version of the app 3.24.1 (970)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Switched fine last week but refused yesterday and today. Keeps making me sign in again. Tried removing app and restarting phone, no difference 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. Last two days I’ve tried to switch to kid view, as my daughter’s time is incorrect. When switching it just hangs on the spinning wheel and then to get back to my view (as I can’t get to kids view), I’ve to shut the app down in the background and it asks me to log back in. 

It’s a bug that needs fixing. When though!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought an Ace 2 for my child, but when I try to switch to “kids view” the App freezes and I get the endless spinning wheel saying “switching to kids view.”

I’ve tried on an iPhone Xs with iOS 13.5.1 and on an iPad Pro 9.7 inch with iOS 13.5.1.  Both are using Fitbit App ver. 3.24.1.  I’ve tried force-closing all apps and resetting the device.  And I’ve deleted and re-installed the App.  Nothing gets past the spinning wheel.

A really disappointing birthday gift....

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I did online chat they just said they are aware and trying to fix it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am now having the same issues on an older phone (iPhone 6  - iOS 12.4.4)

I have reset the Ace 2 and have reloaded the Fitbit app.  But it will not switch to kid view.  I have the app on my other (newer) phone and the issue does not occur.

Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just started having the same issue here. iPhone 7 on iOS 13.5.1 with FitBit App version 3.24.1. Worked fine yesterday on switching to kids view. Not working today at all to sync my son’s Ace 2. Reinstalled App and reset Fitbits (Versa is fine on parents view)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my daughter a Fitbit for her birthday, it worked a whole two days and now no matter what I try it will get stuck trying to switch into kid view. I have checked to make sure the app is up to date, no new updates on my phone, I have forced closed the app only to have to log back in for it not to work again and I have deleted the app and reinstalled it. Nothing is working! Does anyone know why this is happening or how we can get it working again? Both her and I are pretty disappointed with it. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

Well that's good!  Hopefully this year!

Can'y find online chat on this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LiliyaFitbit,

Still not able to connect with my daughters Fitbit Ace 2.

Two different iPhones, XS and 11Pro both with IOS 13.5.1.

Fitbit app 3.24.1 (970).

Have tried uninstalling app, remove all Bluetooth devices, and starting from scratch multiple times - still not able to switch to kids view.

I get the spinning circle and have to force quit the application.

I would need a timeline for resolution of this issue, the current situation is very unsatisfactory. If I wanted a digital watch for my daughter (which is the current situation) I could have bought that cheaper somewhere else.

Thanks,

Kristian

Best Answer

i am having the exact same problem with my kids ace 2 and the app on the iPhone. Please fix this issue so the money is not completely wasted!

br jakob

Best Answer