Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't switch to kids view

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought both of my kids the Fitbit ace 2. When I created their profile in the family section it then explains to switch to kid view. When I switch to kid view it hangs out on the loading screen and eventually shuts down the app and I have to log in and try again. What is the problem Fitbit? I’ve updated my phone and the app, I’ve restarted everything and nothing is working. I bought these for my kids and I can’t use them because of this problem. When will I get an answer? I called the customer support number and my fiancé reached out on Fitbit support on Twitter and we still have no answers. Don’t you think this is something you should tell people about so we don’t spend money on a device that we can’t use????? HELP ME PLEASE! I specifically chose these over the garmin vivofit 2 because my fiancé and I use Fitbit but I’m really starting to regret that decision. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
325 REPLIES 325

Hello everyone. Thank you for your updates in this thread.

I appreciate everyone's feedback, I understand that this can be very frustrating. Thanks for the details shared, I have forwarded your comments to our team for further investigation. I don't have a timeline when the issue will be resolved, I apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue. I will update this thread once I hear more. Thanks again for your patience. 

@_Kristian_ regarding your inquiry about return for refund, Fitbit has a 45-day return policy, so anything purchased directly from Fitbit can be returned for a refund for any reason within 45 days of shipment. If you've purchased from a retailer, you'll need to return your product directly to the retailer, following their return process. This is generally printed on your receipt, though you can also find it on the retailer's website. You can read our full return policy on our website by going to Terms of Sale

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hello all, thank you for your participation in the forums and for sharing your experiences.

I appreciate your reports and the steps tried in order to switch to kid view. I am sorry that you are going through this situation, I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your feedback. This has been escalated to the team so they can further investigate and resolve it as soon as possible. I'll update this thread once I receive more details from them. I appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Alexis1726.

I am sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing with switching to kid view. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I totally understand how you are feeling and I am here to assist you. I would like to advise that this issue has been reported to our team and we're working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. Be sure to keep the Fitbit app up-to-date as the updates come with new features and bug fixes. I am sorry for this trouble, thank you for your patience. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer

We are having the same issues with the app.  I purchased a Charge 4 for myself and an Ace 2 for my son so we could have daily fitness challenges. The devices are less than 1 week old. I can’t access my son’s information via the app and he can’t see his information because we can’t sync his device. I am considering giving both devices away because this is not the user experience I expected. Frustrating and greatly disappointing. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  I have a Charge 4 and purchased Ace 2's for both my sons. I was able to set up the Ace 2 with no issues for my son that uses a Samsung Galaxy tablet. However, when I try to set up the Ace 2 for my other son that had an iPad, I am able to log in but when I try to switch to Kids view, the app just clocks and clocks. I removed the app and reinstalled several times with the same result. It will be extremely disappointing if he is unable to use his Ace2. Based on other discussions, this appears to be an ongoing issue for over a year. I hope Fitbit is prioritizing this resolution as families are looking for ways to stay fit while we have to stay at home. Please help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same infinite spin issue trying to switch to Kid View.

Latest Fitbit app version (3.24.1[970])

Latest iPad OS (13.5.1)

7th gen iPad

Tried:

- force quitting app

- restarting iPad

- uninstalling and re-installing app

Connects to my account fine, just won't switch to Kid view, which makes his Ace 2 pretty much a brick.

Keen on a speedy resolution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seems to be happening again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really bad today , I have had to shut down my phone at least a dozen times and I still can't into my 9 year old son's account . 

He is really upset he can't see his stats as he has been doing a lot of sport in the last week .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m really upset that this apparently has been an issue for 2 years. I just purchased a versa2 and ace2. We are having a prob and even after being on the phone with customer support for a half hour last night.. it’s not working.,I am now regretting my switch from Apple Watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, cannot get it to switch to Kid View so I deleted the Ace2 and now we cannot add it back to any of them. Updated app and fully charged. My Charge3 is connecting just fine and so is my personal account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem, I have restarted and tried evert single option in the forums. PLEASE solve this issue. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @MLKvB.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're unable to switch to kid view. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and the additional details. I would like to advise that this issue affecting users with the latest app version has been reported to our team and they are already investigating it and looking for a resolution. Your patience and understanding while this is resolved is appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been an issue since April!! Very frustrating to not be able to sync the kids Ace. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So frustrating to not be able to sync my daughters steps. 

everything is up to date. I have reinstalled app and switched phone off. Blah blah blah. 

just want this sorted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is an issue for me as well. I just bought 3 fitbits for myself and my children: one Charge 4 and two Fitbit Ace-2s. I am unable to even set up the Ace 2s for my kids due to the screen freezing on "switch to kid view." This needs to be fixed asap. My kids were so excited to get their Fitbits and currently they are just very expensive rubber bracelets.

I just downloaded the app for the first time, so it has nothing to do with having an old version of the app. I just bought the Ace 2s for my kids and got them today. I am unable to switch to kid's view in order to get them set up. Right now they are completely useless and I'm so frustrated!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Same with me. I want to scream! If I would have known this was an issue I would’ve went with the Garmin tracker for kids. If this doesn’t get resolved soon I’m going to hope that Best Buy will take my purchase back

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

same with me. Fitbit is getting worse everyday

Best Answer
0 Votes

iPhone, app, Versa 2 are all up to date with latest versions. The infinite spin is also occurring when trying to sync both of my kids ace2. This is highly frustrating. It forces to close out of app, then log back in. Attempted previous recommendations of uninstalling then reinstalling, clear cache, closed all apps then restarted phone. After each recommended step the result is the same: infinite spin and frustration. 
Is there a fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: we tried on my iPhone 6, my husband's iPhone XR, and an iPad that is about 4 years old. This did NOT work on any of them. It kept getting stuck "switching" to kid view. Then we found an old Android phone that we'd only been using for music and tried adding the fitbit app on there. It finally worked on the Android. So this is an IOS problem. Our new Ace 2s did not have enough battery to complete the setup process, so still not sure it's going to completely work. But we were able to get into the kid's view on Android.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So how does that work? Will you be able to track on the app on the iPhone or only on the android sorry if I sound so clueless LOL

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes