Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't switch to kids view

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought both of my kids the Fitbit ace 2. When I created their profile in the family section it then explains to switch to kid view. When I switch to kid view it hangs out on the loading screen and eventually shuts down the app and I have to log in and try again. What is the problem Fitbit? I’ve updated my phone and the app, I’ve restarted everything and nothing is working. I bought these for my kids and I can’t use them because of this problem. When will I get an answer? I called the customer support number and my fiancé reached out on Fitbit support on Twitter and we still have no answers. Don’t you think this is something you should tell people about so we don’t spend money on a device that we can’t use????? HELP ME PLEASE! I specifically chose these over the garmin vivofit 2 because my fiancé and I use Fitbit but I’m really starting to regret that decision. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
325 REPLIES 325

I can’t believe I just bought four of these for my kids and your app doesn’t even work. Unbelievable. I should have bought them Apple Watches. All the app does is spin trying to switch and can not. Buyer beware. Garbage.

I have the exact same problem. I wish I never bought them. Garbage. This product is a joke. I am returning them. Paid good money for these not to work. And the look of disappointment on my kids face.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, thank you for your participation in the forums and for sharing your experiences.

I sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue, your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. I totally understand how frustrating this is for you. This issue has been escalated to the team so they can further investigate and resolve it as soon as possible. I'll update this thread once I receive more details from them. Thank you for your understanding. 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

LiliyaFitbit, this is not good enough, this is 2+ years now and you are selling a known faulty device. in the UK this is valse advertising and could be seen as malicious. I would expect by now a MUCH more detailed reason to why this is not working and call back / refund for the devices sold. 

Please send / share a video of this working for ANY ONE as I do not believe it works fundamentally and you are not addressing the problem. 

The instructions are wrong, and the product is not fit for purpose and not as advertised.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Mine was working literally until Tuesday of this week - when I updated FitBit app to latest version on iOS. So I know it has worked - and yes it does in old Android phone we have as well so specific to iOS with latest FitBit app. My son’s days is still visible on account via Android so waiting not that patiently for app update on iPhone

Best Answer

You should also inform the people on support and chat about this. They behave rude with me, and throw  me out of the chat when reporting this problem. Totally ignoring the issue. 

Also I found out that I can’t have my child use my older Fitbit device. It has to be FitBit Ace2. 

May I suggest Fitbit to change this policy?

What’s the problem with adding a adult clock to a child account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue I just upgraded my phone so gave my daughter my old phone disconnected my ionic from my account and Bluetooth went to add her ace to her account and when I went to switch to kids view my screen gets stuck on switching to kids view very annoying for my daughter and myself I have used all the troubleshooting ideas out there and nothing 😤🧐🥺

Best Answer

I am having the issue (I posted earlier) but I will say that we have had one since Christmas and only started having this issue this week. So it must be something with the app but on their end! Which means they can resolve it too (hopefully they are reading this)

(Sent from my iPhone)

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Are they even working on a fix? This is making want to trash my kids and my Fitbit and just us both Apple watches. I loved Fitbit but this is making me rethink that. 

Best Answer

So my daughter has received an Ace 2 for her bday and I have a Versa 2. When I added her onto the app everything went as directed and then the next day I couldn’t switch over to kid view on her account. I have logged in and out of the app, I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it, I have deleted the Ace 2 and added it again, I’ve made sure it was charged, Ive tried it on the full website on our computer, I’ve made sure all the apps and the Fitbit ace is updated to the newest versions and followed all other suggestions on this forum. Nothing is working. When I try to go from my view to kid view it just sits there and lingers and then logs me out. Any new suggestions??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, having the same issue and just started today.  Contacted your support and no solution or work around.  How can you guys not resolve an application issue in 2 years time?  Absolutely incredible and completely unacceptable.  I would never recommend your product or support after this.

Best Answer

I'm having the same view. The app just does not switch to the kids view. This is ridiculous. I cannot even change the time and settings in my kid's Fitbit ace.

I'm on iOS 12, and this thing just does not work. I have updated the Fitbit app to the latest version available, but still no solution. This is frustrating.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I have the same issue. Trying to switch to kids view on apple and it doesn’t want to switch and then asks me to log back on. I think it is ever since the update

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. Tried trouble shooting in my own. Nothing is working. 

Best Answer

I haven't been able to "switch to child view"  all week.  Is there a fix for this? I only use IOS and refuse to try android or windows.  Syncing my daughter's Ace 2 has never been a problem until now.  Is there a fix coming??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing is happening to me.

Try to switch to kids view and just getting the loading page. Force close app and then I am logged out of my account.

Best Answer

My daughter has had the Ace 2 for two weeks now.  The first week the Kids View worked fine.  But starting this second week, the app started kicking me out when I would go to kids view.  I had to log back in, then try a couple more times before actually getting the app to go into kids view. 

But today I have a new problem, Rather than having the option to view her account, the screen says "Create Family Account".  When I click on that, then "Create Family" on the next screen... a box pops up that that says "Family already exists".

Is there a way to view and sync her account via the online forum? (I haven't been able to find one if there is) Getting the app fixed would be the best option.  Thanks for your help!

Best Answer

So I have worked out a temp fix for this issue if you own a Fitbit dongle you can switch to kids view on a pc and sync all there info steps etc until they actually have a fix for mobile devices hope this helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hooked the Fitbit up to my Mac but didn't see a way to sync it.
Best Answer

It looks as though this issue has been going on for months and still no solution. Slightly concerned that they are still selling the product when there are clear issues with no way to solve it.

Hopefully a solution soon as my daughter is totally gutted that she can get her watch working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

was this issue never resolved? I’ve just run into the same thing in iOS. I’ve rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app but it’s still failing. What exactly is the issue here?

Thanks

Best Answer