Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't switch to kids view

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought both of my kids the Fitbit ace 2. When I created their profile in the family section it then explains to switch to kid view. When I switch to kid view it hangs out on the loading screen and eventually shuts down the app and I have to log in and try again. What is the problem Fitbit? I’ve updated my phone and the app, I’ve restarted everything and nothing is working. I bought these for my kids and I can’t use them because of this problem. When will I get an answer? I called the customer support number and my fiancé reached out on Fitbit support on Twitter and we still have no answers. Don’t you think this is something you should tell people about so we don’t spend money on a device that we can’t use????? HELP ME PLEASE! I specifically chose these over the garmin vivofit 2 because my fiancé and I use Fitbit but I’m really starting to regret that decision. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
325 REPLIES 325

When you put the dongle into the side of the pc switch to kids view then click on your child’s ace it will say sync in the menu 

Best Answer

This doesn’t seem to work on a Mac. 

Best Answer

Same!! I feel like this was resolved a year or so ago and we are right back to the same problem until they provide a fix in an update. I haven’t been able to sync my kids’ aces for weeks unfortunately. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer

Up until this week it has worked just fine. We have deleted the app from both my husbands and mine phones and re-installed them and it still is not working. It just sits on the “switching to kids view” screen with it spinning. Once we close out of the app it completely logs us out. We then re-log in and it still doesn’t work and the process is repeated. We have been trying for 3 days now with no fix. Any recommendations on how to fix the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

True! I could not get it to switch to kids view on my Mac.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue trying to set up a birthday present for tomorrow. Restarted phone, app, selected child account set up again... no luck. been watching the timer for over 45 mins.... still hoping

Best Answer

I’m the same it’s very annoying as can’t keep track of my child’s sleep etc 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow. I've found threads over a year old with the same issue. Why does it keep breaking?

We just got an Ace 2 to help our son track his sleep. Luckily I have an Android phone I can use as a workaround for now. I don't know why I keep having faith in Fitbit with issues like this that keep cropping up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Somehow I got it working and now I do this. I go into my Fitbit app then click on my photo and go to my family then click on switch to kids account under each of my child’s name.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought one for my kid and am having this issue. The app is updated, I’ve tried restarting my phone, other devices, reinstalling the app, everything I can think of and it still gets stuck on loading. I can’t even set up his Fitbit so he can start using it. 

Best Answer

I think Fitbit should be refunding even if from a retailer, it is not the retailers fault we purchased hundred dollar pieces of plastic when we thought were were getting trackers.hased from retailed who will not return open boxes? In the least, Fitbit could've put a notice on the product page, I would have seen that before purchasing.  And what about those who purc It has been months since this was reported and it still isn't fixed. jeez like at least come up with a temporary work around or something. this is shady business practice that is for sure. I just bought both my kids one (200) total, and they can't even use them as a bloody watch, this is crazy to me. Like we are just supposed to "wait and see" or even worse "restart our phones" C'mon Fitbit, I think this is scummy and we deserve a much better reply than the typical canned answers that have been given thus far.  This seems shady and potentially illegal, false advertising at minimum, I was told I would get a tracker for 100 dollars, instead I got a plastic bracelet. 

Best Answer

Same issue here. We’ve had the Ace 2’s for several months (one at Christmas the other in May) and only in the past month has this been an issue. My son’s getting mad at me not being able to set an alarm for him. Simple task that his old, $15 watch could do no problem. 

Best Answer

I see that the original thread is 2 years old now but I am experiencing the same issue. I have uninstalled the app and restarted my phone but simply can’t switch to kids view for my daughters ace. Was this issue ever resolved? Doesn’t seem so!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all

I took out the free trial of Premium yesterday and ever since I did I can’t switch to kid view to sync my child’s data etc on her Ace 2

I end up having to close my app down as it just freezes and then when I open the app again I have to log back in.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No it was never resolved.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled and have the latest version and that didn’t fix it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have been using this with my son’s Ace 2 for some time. Now the app just hangs when I try to switch to his account, and then logs me out when I restart the app. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling on my iPhone 8, but no luck. Any thoughts???

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot switch to the ‘kid view’. It just sits idol is the thinking symbol. I’ve tried everything including making sure all apps are up to date, turning it on and off again, creating a new child within the family profile. Please help me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s an issue with the most recant app update.  Customer service says they are aware and working on it, but have no timeline for a solution.

Best Answer

Yes - The exact same thing happening to me and my husband too! Very annoying!! We only gave it my son this week for his birthday because he's been desperate to join in our challenges and now we can't access his device to accept them anyway!! Could have just bought a cheap step counter on amazon!!

Very frustrating to see issues around this going back 2+ years - feeling very upset and ripped off right now!!

Best Answer
0 Votes