Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you set up non-family account for child who is 13?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My son received a Fitbit Ace 2 for his birthday, but would like to have his own account (turning 13) to sync with some other apps. Is it possible to have a regular (non-family account) with an Ace? Or do we need to return the gift?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @FLMoreno and a warm welcome.  The Ace/Ace 2 must be on a family account.  It's a fundamental part of the software.  Your son will be able to have his own account as soon as he turns 13, unless you live in certain European countries where their digital privacy laws have a higher age.  As a parent, I can tell you my son would have wanted a more "grown up" looking tracker at 13.  But your son is not my son.

If your son likes the size of the Ace 2 tracker, the Inspire/Inspire HR are the closest in size to the Ace 2.  But different trackers have very different capabilities.  You can compare trackers in the Fitbit Store.  What does your son want to get from the tracker?  Also, more feature come with a higher price tag.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@FLMoreno welcome to our Fitbit Community! By the way, I'm sorry for the late response. However, regarding your inquiry about creating an adult account for your son, my friend @LZeeW provided the correct information.

If you found her post helpful, please accept it as a solution so other users that have the same question can find it easier.

Don't hesitate to get back if more questions arise! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer