Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set up fitbit Ace 3 for my son

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

After a couple of hours frustratingly going through all possible ways to set up a Google account for my son, I am unable to set up the Ace 3 for kids on his birthday. So disappointing. This is anything but straightforward and deserves some attention from Fitbit and Google. Cheap eBay activity trackers are much easier to set up.

I installed the fitbit app on my phone, and wanted to add my son's new fitbit on it. It told me to log out from my own Google account and log in with my son's account. So made a new account for my son that is linked to my own as a parent. Fitbit told me this does not work and pointed me to FamilyLink. Cannot see there what the problem is whatsoever.

After several hours of messing around with Google accounts, I gave up.

I tried logging in with my Fitbit account. Apparently I already had one which is the same as my Google account email. Forgot my password obviously... I now asked about 10 times to reset my password, but never receive any email to do so.

Can you please explain me how I can do this, so my son can finally enjoy his birthday present. Thank you.

----

So... one solution that I would recommend everyone to make it work.

Create an actual Fitbit account with an emailaddress that is NOT your Google account.

You can log in with your Fitbit account in the app when activated.

Do NOT link this email address with Google account when prompted... STAY AWAY from anything Google.

Now you can simply add your child in the app and link your Fitbit Ace 3.

My son can finally appreciate his birthday present. Well done Google.

Best Answer
0 REPLIES 0