Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change email in child account

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a family account for my children.  When I set up my son's account, we used his email address for his login.  Since then, we have deleted that email address.  

I can view his account from my Family Account, but he'd like to log into his account on his tablet.  I can log in with my account and then switch to Kid View.  Is this the way it works or does he have a uersname and password that I should use?  If he does, it uses his old email address and we need to change it without access to the email account (because it no longer exists).  If this is the case, how do I accomplish this?  He'd like  to retain all his awards and milestones.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You wrote that you used your son’s email, but Fitbit doesn’t ask for a child’s email address during setup.  The Family is created from the Guardian’s account, most likely your email.  Are you sure you did what you wrote, because I don’t think so.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello, can you retrieve back the email address?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Danns,

Do you mean can I retrieve email sent to the email address?  No, I'm afraid that email account has been deleted. It can't receive or send email messages. If you mean something else, will you please clarify?

Thanks,
Katie

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KOD  unless you have access to the email address, which you don't, there's not much to be done. You can always start fresh with a new email address and start earning the badges and stats.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

You wrote that you used your son’s email, but Fitbit doesn’t ask for a child’s email address during setup.  The Family is created from the Guardian’s account, most likely your email.  Are you sure you did what you wrote, because I don’t think so.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Laurie,

That's what I was asking originally.  Thanks for supplying the answer.  I set his account up many years ago so I assumed it used his email address, however from what you're saying, his account is set up under my email address and not his so the fact that his account doesn't exist anymore has no bearing on his Fitbit account.

Best Answer