Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock face won't change on Ace 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We bought an Ace 3 yesterday and tried changing the clock face but it won't change. It says "switching" and gets stuck there. We tried it last night and again this morning, same issue. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Maully. Thanks for letting us know that you can´t change your Ace 3 clock face.

Could you please confirm that you´ve followed the steps of How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? What happens after switching?

Keep on visiting the forums.

Best Answer

Hi Andrea, it doesn't switch. The pink dot just keeps moving from left to right and then back again but it never actually switches. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for letting me know that the pink dot keeps moving but the Ace 3 clock face doesn't change @Maully.

Please try restarting the tracker and changing the clock face again:

1. Plug the charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press the button on your charging cable 3 times within a few seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

Hi Andrea, there is no button at the end of my charging cable for the Ace 3. How do I reset it please?  It still won switch clock faces. Sam old problem. Thanks!

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for the clarification @Maully

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Have a nice day!

Best Answer

Hi Maully,  I have the same problem.  Did the online chat or call to the help line solve your issue.  I'd be happy to follow the same solution please! Thanks

Best Answer

Hi Moz123

Yes, online chat helped me in the end.  I don't have the Ace 3 here with me at the moment but, if I recall correctly, you have to scroll through to the Setting Function (your kid will probably have seen it.  I didn't have a clue but my kid knew where it was) and there is something like a Reboot or Restart option.   That worked for me.  Good luck, hope it works for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. I think I'll have to try the
online chat.
I've tried rebooting the ace and still get that spinning wheel!! Rgs
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Moz123 and thanks for getting back to us @Maully. Thank you for sharing your Ace 3 clock face inquiry.

@Moz123, I noticed that you already have contacted our support team. Thanks for the advise @Maully😄

Have a great day!

Best Answer
Sadly my mobile phone is too old for full functionality of syncing with my
daughters Ace 3. The other alternative suggested to me of syncing the Ace
3 on my Windows 10 laptop using the Windows store App turned out as not
being possible for the newer fitbits - ie. the Ace 3 I was seeking help
for! So two lengthy help/web chats later I am unable to resolve my issue
at this time... (It was suggested to see if a friend with a compatible
device could help me out to swap the clock face - but that is hardly
convenient for me...) Limited backwards compatibility is frustrating as I
don't update my tech unless it breaks... I'm a bit of a dinosaur when it
comes to tech - it is a shame the affordable Ace 3 will necessitate
updating other tech to solve the issue. So we are stuck with the 'shuttle'
clock face for now - status quo remains the same.
Perhaps if the help chat people ask first up what tech is trying to sync
with what device, and they know what is possible for the said device, then
a whole lot of time for both fitbit staff and customers could be saved.
Rgs
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for your feedback @Moz123. I'm sorry that you were not able to change your daughter's Ace 3 clock face. 

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Catch you later! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a new smartphone (just released in July 2020) and mine also won't change. So I'm not so sure it's because of old or new devices. I have rebooted the Ace 3 and still the clock face will not change. It just sits on "switching" forever. So I don't think it's a device compatibility issue, it's a Fitbit issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes