Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Inspire 2 to Family Account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is the Ace 2 the only fitbit you can connect to the Family account?  I have a 10 yr old that runs cross country and he needs a fitbit that can more than what the Ace can provide but I don't want to set up his own account.  I just want to put him under the family account.  Is that possible?  He has the Inspire 2 and I have the Charge 3.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Onewayga3.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your concern about the Fitbit devices that can be connected to the Fitbit family account. Thank you for providing the additional details, I am glad to assist you. At this time only Fitbit Ace and Ace 2 can be connected to the Fitbit family account. I appreciate your understanding. For more information, see How do I get started with Fitbit kids devices?

To share additional feedback or if you want the features to be improved, feel free to visit our Feature suggestion board. Here our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. You can read the FAQ to better understand how that board works and do a search first, in case someone else has already suggested your idea, or something similar.

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Fitbit inspire for my pre-teen.  How do I connect that to her phone??  Ace may be great for young kids, but you are missing an entire market sector if you are ignoring pre-teens/teens that want something with more functionality.  This was all she wanted for Christmas and now we are so disappointed.  Argh.

Best Answer

Hello @KFrom and welcome to the Help forums.  If you are in the US, your child must be age 13 or older in order to have her own account and to have an Inspire on that account.  Many countries have 13 and older as this age.  There are a few countries in the EU where a child must be 16.  There are internet privacy laws to protect children.  These are the same laws that prevent children from having a Facebook account.  I understand why you are disappointed, but this is for your child's protection.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am all for privacy laws, but to comply with those laws, you are forcing me to buy an inferior product that I do not want.  We want to use, and paid for, the Inspire 2 and cannot use it.  That is ridiculous and exasperating.  NO WHERE on the packaging of the Inspire 2 does it say only for 13 and up.  Just let us link the products we buy our children to the family account.  That is all I am asking.  

Best Answer

I completely agree that we should be able to set up whatever device onto a family account.  I understand the privacy laws and I think having them is great.  By not allowing parent to set up any device you will be having items returned or accounts set up with falsified birthdates. 

Best Answer

Agree, we've bought two inspires for our preteens for Christmas. They're beside themselves with excitement and now I find out that they can't be used? Seriously? What an absolute joke. Disgraceful behaviour from Fitbit by not making it clear on packaging that these devices can't be set up on Family. What exactly are they doing with the data that makes it unethical to do for under 13s?

Best Answer

I cannot upvote this enough!! 

End-user consumers demand and expect better integration with smart devices, Fit-bit needs to come to terms with this focus group and make it less complex for this demographic.  We are interested in bringing future consumers to you product AND they require adult supervision which also would educate these future consumers for you and the product.

Do this, you get consumers for life?  If you don't, consumers return your product and buy something else.  It's a WIN WIN for Fit-bit....so think about it while I figure out how or IF to replace it.

Best Answer

Hello @GinaGB and welcome to the Community.  It isn’t an ethics issue.  It’s a legal issue.  It’s online privacy laws, as explained in my previous post.  Every Fitbit, except the Ace series, has a web based dashboard.  The Ace series doesn’t.

I absolutely agree with everyone who wrote that Fitbit doesn’t handle this well.  I’m a fellow user, not an employee.  I don’t have any clout to try and get this changed.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes