Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete child profile

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Set up child account for daughter before realising it’s just for Ace users (has Alta). How do I delete the profile? Looked everywhere & cannot find an option to remove this from account.

Best Answer
0 Votes
36 REPLIES 36

I am trying to delete an child account which I set up in error as my daughter was given an Alta for Xmas not an Ace.

I have tried following the advice here and have got the Remove pop up which then takes me to the option to delete and I have then entered my password to confirm and it then advises that I will receive an email which never arrives.  I have checked my junk files but nothing is being sent to me to confirm the deletion.

Can someone please help.

Best Answer

@Rugbylady13 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry about the issue you've experienced with your child account deletion request. I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they are handling your case. They will contact you via email soon for follow up.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same issues, number one: accidentally created 4 usernames for same child when I got a notification that the username I chose was already taken. Turns out they weren't taken, now I have 4 kids in my family, so must delete. Number two: directions say "swipe left" to delete child on my i-phone, but when I do that I only get their profile, no "remove child" notification. Can you please post a screen shot or give more specific directions of how to delete a child? Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Brunch, thank you for your inquiry, and welcome to the Community forums. Sorry for the late reply as well. 

As you've mentioned, you won't see an option to the delete a child account in the kid's profile, however, it should allow you to remove a child from the main page of the family account. If you haven't done so already, try to logout from the app, restart your phone and log back in to check if it allows you to delete the account. If this doesn't work, please try to press and hold the name of the child to see the Remove option: 

remove child 1.png

After you click on Remove, you won't see the child removed from the Family account immediately, but you should receive an e-mail with further instructions asking you to confirm again if you wish to delete it. 

Please keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to delete a child account but I am not receiving the email. I saw the pop up selected delete and entered my password to confirm. It says i will get an email, but I have never gotten one. I have tried this multiple times over the past few months and have had no luck. Any ideas?

You know how sometimes you realize the answer as soon as you ask the question?

If you are not receiving the email for deleting a family member, make sure your notifications are turned on for your family account. Mine were not and as soon as I turned them on and tried to delete again, I received the appropriate email.

Oops.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Excellent @LizaB, thank you for the update and for sharing the solution you found for this. Smiley Happy 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I created an account for my child only to find out after creating the account I am unable to assign any device to her account other than an Ace! Why?  Why not tell us that before we create the account? Now I am trying to delete that account and it will not let me! I am swiping left and it doesn't give me the option to delete. What do I do now?

Swiping left does not give me the option to delete the child account! Why can I only use a Fitbit Ace for a child? Why is this so difficult to use and slow to delete if you actually able to delete the account?

This is the most frustrating Christmas gift ever! I will be giving it 1 star on Amazon! Regardless of what happens!  The only thing keeping me from smashing it with a hammer is that my daughter likes it! Terrible customer support, incoherent instructions and again no support! 

Been like this since day 1.  Also, not sure if there is a difference but it doesn't pause, it stops.

So unless you agree to be bombarded with notifications, you'll never be able to delete an account? How many times do I have to restart the app and my device before I can actually delete an account? 1? 4? 29?  

Moderator edit: format

Moderator edit: added label

Best Answer
0 Votes

It won’t let me swipe left? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not get the emails to confirm deleting child from family account

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have waited over 7 days! Never received an email and now I have 3 kid accounts for one kid that have not been removed! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been waiting and trying for 6 months to remove family even customer service are now ignoring my pleas for help, I have done everything but fitbit never send confirmation email, so why is this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @AndyO62.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. I understand how you are feeling about this situation, thank you for your efforts to resolve this and for contacting our Support team. If you're not receiving the confirmation email, please confirm if you have unticked email notifications for Family Account:

• Open the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab, and tap your profile picture.
  • Tap "Notifications".
  • Make sure that notifications for "Family account" and the email notifications are turned on and sync from the Fitbit app.

I also recommend checking your spam and junk folders for the email. You can confirm the steps to delete your Fitbit family account in How do I delete my Fitbit family account?

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done everything just delete the bloody accounts

Moderator edit: personal info removed and All-caps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @AndyO62.

I appreciate your efforts. Since the issue persists, I recommend you continue working with our Support team since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. 

Have a good day.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried the swipe left but I get no option to delete. Any clues. Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Loz69.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I appreciate your efforts and would like to confirm if you would like to delete your Fitbit family account? You can confirm the steps in How do I delete my Fitbit family account? Please provide more details of the issue for better assistance. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Annoying.... Should be able to delete right away....

Best Answer
0 Votes