Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don’t want to use Ace.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey guys!

My son was gifted a Versa 2 for his birthday. 

I created a child’s account however it will only let me add an Ace product. I’d like the benefits of the child account but want to add this watch. Is there a way around it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Kelsarni   due to laws across the world, children are prohibited from having an online account and using these devices. The Ace series was made especially to allow children six and up to use these services. Fitbit is abiding by those laws, so your son can't use the Versa 2 unless you lie about her age. Lying about his age would create a problem since the algorithms are made based on gender, age, height and weight. So that would give completely wrong data for your child. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Kelsarni   due to laws across the world, children are prohibited from having an online account and using these devices. The Ace series was made especially to allow children six and up to use these services. Fitbit is abiding by those laws, so your son can't use the Versa 2 unless you lie about her age. Lying about his age would create a problem since the algorithms are made based on gender, age, height and weight. So that would give completely wrong data for your child. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer