Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Account and setting up 2 devices of the same type

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a  Charge 3.  My kids were recently gifted each a Flex 2.  I have set up my sons (12) under the "My Family" profile (he is linked to his phone).  I have tried to do the same thing with my daughters (10) using her phone (as I did with my sons).  However, I get an alert "Whoa, are you setting up the same type of device?"  and at the bottom the only option is to replace the current Flex 2.  Am I not able to set up 2 of the same device type?

I reached out to a friend who has the ACE 2 - and both kids under her "My Family" profile.  She said she initially had issues but finally was successful BUT couldn't tell me how. LOL

Any help / advise is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

RLM

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I have added my son with Flex 2 under my profile and set view as kid view.  No issues.  However, I am now trying to se up my daughter under my profile and I cannot - it only recognizes that I am replacing current Flex 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RachelLM75  the family account is for Ace and Ace 2, which are for children. The Flex 2 can't be set up as a child's. You can't have more than one of each style on your own account, but what you're doing isn't going to work. If you have a Fitbit and you set up two other devices on your account, the steps won't be counted properly for any of you. You can only wear and have steps count for one device at a time, not three. Your problem is the Family Account is not for anything other than the Ace 2. You'd have to lie the ages of your children to use the Flex 2 devices and since the algorithms are made based on gender, age, height and weight. So that would give completely wrong data for your children. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you..so Son (13) is good, he can have his own account BUT daughter (10) I will have get an Ace...yes?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's entirely up to you. Quite a few people alter the age of the child to make it work for the device they have. Your son will need his own account, which means an email address. You can always be the one to monitor his account, as long as you have the password. Should you set your daughter up, she'll need her own email and account, too. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes