Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family account mixed up

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a family account set up for me and the two kids.

If my son changes his avatar and background in the App on his Ipad it also changes mine.

When he sends a message it is sent under my name.

My daughter's account does seem to work ok.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @BarryBrand, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums. Sorry for the late response. 

Thank you for sharing this information about what you've experienced with your accounts been mixed up. 

Before considering other options, make sure that you've set up your son's Ace directly from the Child account (withing the family account) and that you've not set up the Ace to your own personal account, since this could provoke both accounts to be mixed up. You can find the complete instructions here: How do I set up Fitbit Ace devices? If you see the Ace on your own account you can proceed to delete it and set it up only from the child account. 

Additionally, if everything has been set up correctly and you continue to experience any difficulty, please try to log out from the application, then restart your phone and log back in. Then check if you continue to experience the same behavior. 

Keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi David,

I have set up the Fitbit Ace2 to my son's account and my daughters to her account.

They both work, but when my son changes his Avater, it also changes mine. 

To be honest, I don't have a Fitbit, so I am not going to spend more time on this.

I would suggest Fitbit spends time on developing a solution that works. Mixing up accounts is like we are back in the '90s.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your feedback @BarryBrand, this is not really something that I've seen often in the forums, but if you have the time to continue with this, let me know if you've tried the steps mentioned earlier. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes