Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family account - new family members stuck in limbo

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was trying to get one of my friends to set up her son and my son as fitbit friends.    

First up MY friend could see my son in my friend list and sent him a friend request - neither thing I thought was possible!

More annoyingly, I added her as family at the same time as she sent the request and nothing has happened.   The friend request from my son is still showing the blue box with a clock, and the Friend has had nothing.  I can’t see anyway of cancelling or resending the request - what can be done?  I need to clear all requests of somthing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

They need to be added to your Family Account first, and then they will show up on your son's account.  You can find the instructions for how to add them to your Family Account here.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Hi , thanks for that but I’ve done that and  it just doesn’t work. 

I can see the friend in my son’s family account, and I sent the request, but it’s lost in space.........

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried inviting them via email?

Best Answer

@tallbird I'm a little confused about what's happening, but is it possible that your friend is part of her own family? At this time, you can only belong to one family. 

@DramaQueenDiva thanks for assisting here, you're really good at figuring this stuff out! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Thanks, @KateFitbit!  Hopefully @tallbird will get back to us soon so that we can assist them further.

Best Answer

Ok - here is what happened.

I have a parent account and 1 child account.

My child (Evan) wanted to be friends with the child of my friend.  My (adult) friend is called Linda, the child - who has an adult fitbit account - is called Claire (let's say).

So to do that I had to request Claire as a friend myself, so i could then add her to our family and Evan could be friends with her (already a real pain in the backside, but that's a different topic!).

I was messaging with Linda, and she had access to her child's phone, so she approved MY request to be friends with Claire.  Then she said " oh, I can see Evan in your friend list, I'll send a request".  At the same time, I sent Claire a family / friend request. 

Nothing happened at either end - Linda didn't see Evan's request, and in the "add family member" listing on our side, Claire was still showing as pending.

After about 5 days, the pending went away so i tried adding Claire AGAIN to my family.  Linda saw that and tried to accept but got an "error" message.

We have still not managed to make my child be friends with her child. 

I hope you follow that.  

It's not working - basically - and no, the friend is not part of another family, no I can't request them as friends by email (we are talking about adding to the "family" not adding as a friend).

It is absolutely the most badly tested, badly thought out piece of software I have used in quite some time.   I am almost certainly going to send the Ace back and probably buy a "normal" device, or maybe not bother.   It's really disappointing, especially for the money.  

If I was a tester of this product and had received it for nothing I would be feeling like this - I think perhaps you skipped that stage and maybe shouldn't have done??

Best Answer

Hi @tallbird, thanks for all this information about what you've experienced. 

I'm not exactly sure of what happened with the friend requests you mentioned, I understand that you had successfully added Claire as a Fitbit friend (which is necessary to then add them as a Family account member), but you also mentioned that Linda didn't receive Evan's request, so I'm not sure if you were using your own Fitbit account or Evan's, remember that you need to be in parent view to be able to add someone as a family account member. 

Through kid view, your child can message, cheer, or taunt anyone in their Fitbit family account, but your child can’t connect with other Fitbit members (with the exception of challenges). So you would only need to add Claire first as a Fitbit friend and then as a family account member so they can interact with each other. 

Did you send the family account request to Claire from your own Fitbit account (parent view)? As a parent you can manage your child's friends, but you need to do this through your own account. 

I'm sorry if this can be confusing, but thanks for providing all this feedback as well, I'm sure all these details will be of great help for the Fitbit team in charge or enhancing new and existing features and products.  

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Hi. I have a similar issue in that I have a charge 3 and my husband has just got a charge 2. I have a family account and have tried adding him as a member and a guardian. Next to his name is the green clockface but he hasn’t received a notification or email. 
I read a previous thread that suggested logging off/on. Tried that but nothing’s changed. 
Any help gratefully received. 
hannah 

Best Answer

Did you ever resolve this? I have as family member stuck in limbo. They accepted via the email notification. It hasn't appeared in my family but their app says they are part of a family already... it's a charge 2.

Best Answer

I have this same issue! Someone help.

Best Answer
0 Votes