Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ace for adult

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I set up the Fitbit Ace for an adult (over 13yrs of age), without setting up a family account? So my daughter has her own separate account and not linked to mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @BVI2000, even though the Ace is designed for kids, it can also be set up on an adult account.  You or your daughter should log in to her Fitbit account, (if she does not already have one choose "join Fitbit" instead of "log in").  She will need her own email address (or if she doesn't have one she could use one of your email addresses -- but it must notvbe the one you use for Fitbit -- each Fitbit adult account needs its own address).

Once she has an account and has logged in, click on the account icon (that's the one that is meant to look like an ID card) and scroll down to "set up a device".  From the list that comes up choose "Ace" and take it from there.

If you have any problems please post again -- there is always someone here to help.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
I’ve set up a new account for my daughter. Then tried to link up her Ace.
I’ve followed your instructions and it is showing as
Error- the operation couldn’t be completed. (Com.fitbit.HTTP error 500.)
What now???

Sent from my iphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @BVI2000, that is an intermittent error on the Fitbit servers -- I don't know what causes it... but it isn't because you have done anything wrong.  I know it is frustrating!

I would suggest logging out of your daughter's account and then logging in again and also giving the Ace a restart befire trying again.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@BVI2000 It's great to see you in our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry for the late response and for the errors you've had while setting up your child's account. I would like to follow up on this and would like to know if the issue got resolved after following the great tips that recommended @Julia_G.

Catch ya later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes