Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ace has a black screen when comes off the charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi my daughters fitbit isn't working properly.  We have charged it and tried to reset it via the cable little buttons pressing 3 times as recommended but nothing happening.  I've cleaned the pins and checked it. When her ace comes off the charger its a black screen. Any ideas what I can do?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @ASmithers.

I am sorry to hear your daughter's Fitbit Ace has a black screen when disconnected from the charger. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. The screen on Fitbit Ace is dimmed when not in use and I would like to confirm if the screen wakes up when you double-tap the tracker where the display meets the band? Please also confirm the steps to restart the tracker: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a similar issue. I have reset and cleaned multiple times, but the issue persists. I've also noticed that even though the device seems dead, it will sync up with the app and show 100% battery life. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @N-B-L.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your device. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and the additional details. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon.  

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm  having this issue as well.  Followed all the setup and reset procedures and the Ace 2 screen won't activate when off the charger. Can this be resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Chris130.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your Ace 2. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I went ahead and created a case for you, someone from our Support team will reach out soon.

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same problem with my daughter’s Ace for a while now. Can you help us?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @cararose79.

I am sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issue with your daughter’s Ace tracker. I am glad to assist you. I would like to confirm if you've tried already to restart the tracker: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have tried it many, many times. No success. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @cararose79.

I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Since the issue persists, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same problem with my daughter’s Ace for a while now. Can you help us? We tried ewerything, what you advised about it. 

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Poru2222.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your daughter’s Ace. I appreciate your efforts to resolve it. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. You will receive an email from them soon.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes