Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ace not responding to taps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, my daughters fitbit is not responding when tapped (the battery is completely charged). When attached to the charging port it will only briefly show the fitbit logo and then the v.37.01.01 message before turning off again. Thank you!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

@kemblewaters Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your daughter's Ace is not responding to taps.

In order to fix this issue, please restart it as described in this help article. This will refresh your tracker internally. Once you've done this, charge the Ace for 2-3 hours and see if it turns on when you remove it from the charger.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
Hi, thank you! I tired that twice and unfortunately it didn’t work. I’ve also gone on to our family account and created a new account for her and that didn’t work. Still getting the same error message. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Excuse me, how do you know when Fitbit is charged? I don't have any body to talk to about this please tell me what to do after I connect it to computer? Is there a telephone # that I could call & get help from someone?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kemblewaters Thank you for getting back! Since the issue persists, let me forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

@2007HOME Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry for the late response. However, regarding your question, after you charge the Ace for 2 hours, please tap the display and you will see the battery level in the battery icon. You can also sync the device and see the battery level on the app.

Regarding your question about the telephone number, please visit this page.

Let me know if you have additional questions!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, unfortunately this didn’t help - I will talk to customer service. Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kemblewaters Since the issue persists, I forwarded your case to our team again and they'll be in touch with you via email soon.

I'll be around if you have more questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same issue also, please advise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What was the solution to your problem? My sons ace is doing the same thing and I followed the advice this thread gave, but no luck

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same experience for me no luck, still will not display when being worn.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my daughters fitbit ace is doing the same thing, (tap the sxreen andnothing shows)i have restarted and re charged with no result, i have had continued issues with this fitbit, including charge not lasting, tried comments from the community board with little luck. Iit is only 15months ild ots not very good. Please help.

Im having the same issue, i have added this to forum with no response, this fitbit has had nothing but issues please help 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

We have the same problem, the Fitbit has been purchased in December. 
we have reset it as per advice but this didn’t solve the problem. 
Any advice please? 
thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contacted Fitbit about my daughters Ace and they advised to try to reboot as mentioned above...  didn’t work.  They then advised that they would look into it and to watch my email.  They sent me an email saying her warranty had expired so there was nothing they could do, but gave me a promo code for my next Fitbit purchase.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there - there I have exactly the same issue with my son’s Fitbit (I got my other son one at the same time and it works fine). Could you put me in touch with support so I can arrange a fix or a replacement please? Thanks!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Macka7.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your son's tracker. I appreciate your efforts and recommend restarting the tracker: How do I restart my Fitbit device? If the issue persists, you can get in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate the tracker's behavior and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Our Ace has been accepted as faulty by fit bit team. An a discount was offered off any new tracker as replacement couldn’t be made.

so I have purchased a new Fitbit inspire 2, paid full price as the code wasn’t accepted despite the message “promo success”, I took a screen shot and contacted the team they said the discount will be applied, IT wasn’t! Then I have been told to send it back and the refund will be made, so I did.

Now, going through the process again. I have asked for a new code as clearly this one doesn’t work as a full price is shown. Today, I have received a message to purchase a full price item and then the fit bit team manually process the discount. No thank you!!! 
Over 40 emails later this still has not been sorted. I don’t feel like having another Fitbit full stop. You have locked me in to purchase another device offering a discount code, but so far this is nothing but bad taste and I will make sure to share my experience. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s good to see you in the community, @AngelikaNJ.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear about the frustration this situation has caused. Thank you for your feedback, our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. I would encourage you to keep working with our Support team as they already have all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. I am sure they are doing their best to help you. 

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That happens to me too

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @DangerSubaru.

If your Fitbit Ace only shows the Fitbit logo or is not responding to taps, please perform a restart and try to set it up as a replacement device:

1. Tap the Today tabEdsonFitbit_0-1652993553896.png, and tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap Family Account
  3. Tap Child account
  4. Switch to Kid view
  5. Tap your child profile picture
  6. Tap Set Up a Device.
  7. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

If you followed our recommendations without luck, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

I am going to close this thread since it is too old, but if there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes