Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ace steps are counting toward my daily steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My son recently received his FItbit Ace and it has been added to my account as it doesn't seem possible to create a separate account for the Ace.  I created a family account and added his device.  However I received a request to join a challenge and within minutes realized the Fitbit Ace steps were counting toward my total steps.  I hadn't worn my Fitbit all day, but suddenly I had 10k steps.  Is there a way to separate the two so I can participate in challenges without his steps counting toward mine?

Also, whenever I open my Fitbit App, His Ace seems to always be the predominent device showing, how do I switch to have mine showing?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @jweing1976, the problem is that you have added the Ace to your account instead of to your son.

You will need the Ace next to you to fix this, so get your son to take it off and bring it to you.

In your app, go to Family Account and click on your son's name.  Next choose "Switch to kid view"

When you are in kid view, choose "Set up a kid compatible tracker" and follow the instructions there.  Don't worry that you have already set it up on your account -- it will disappear from your account as soon as it is added to your son.

Once you have set up the son on his kid page, it will still sync to your phone, but the steps will be counted towards his activity, and not yours.

I hope this solves your issue.  Please post again if you have any questions.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
Thank you Julia_G. That makes sense. I ended chatting with Fitbit support
this morning and that is exactly what they told me.
Best Answer
0 Votes