Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ace won't take a charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Seriously disappointed with my sons Ace Fitbit, spent almost £80😓 on it last year and now it’s stopped working. Won’t charge or switch on!!!

Very disappointed mum and son😬

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your response and helpful suggestions.

Tried all the suggestions then, tried charging with a new charger, Fitbit now working!🙈😅

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @Shnapc, sometimes Fitbits don’t seem to be charging and won’t turn on when they have, for whatever reason become unresponsive.  I would suggest:

1 Give the charging contacts a good clean.  Here’s how: 

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device to ensure they stay bronze or gold in color:
    1. Use a toothbrush with rubbing alcohol. Dry with a cloth or tissue before charging.
    2. Make sure not to scrape the contacts with anything metal, since metal can damage the plating and cause corrosion.

2.  Next, clean the pins on the charging cable with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol.  Be careful not to leave any bits of the swab beh8ng.

3.  Then plug the Ace in and give it a good two hours charge, even if it does not seem to be charging.  Remember if you use a computer to charge that in most cases it will not deliver charge unless it is awake and active.  You can use a wall charger if you prefer; just make sure that it is UL/CE certified,  The original plug that came with your cell phone is ideal, as long as it will take a usb cable.

4.  After 2 hours, give the Ace a restart.  Here’s how: Press the button on the charging cable 3 times within 8 seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into the computer. 8 seconds after the first button press, the Fitbit logo appears on the tracker's display. This indicates that Ace restarted.

The restart process will often bring a Fitbit that has become unresponsive back to life.  If nothing happens, please attempt the restart two or three times more.

If nothing happens following that, please do post again, and someone can help you with the next steps.  Good luck!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@Shnapc welcome to our Fitbit Community! I would like to follow up on the charging issues that your son's Fitbit Ace is experiencing. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate your feedback.

I would like to know if the issue persists or if the Ace started to charge after following the great troubleshooting steps that shared my friend @Julia_G.

If you found her post helpful, please accept it as a solution so other users that experience the same issue can find it easier.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response and helpful suggestions.

Tried all the suggestions then, tried charging with a new charger, Fitbit now working!🙈😅

Best Answer

@Shnapc I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'm so glad to hear that the steps shared above were helpful. Thank you for posting the update here.

As a side note, I'd like you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes