Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ace or ace 2 for a 10 year old?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. My sons birthday is coming up, and I have decided that a fitbit is just the thing for him.

I am just finding it difficult to choose between Fitbit ace and Fitbit ace 2.. 

I love that ace 2 is waterproof, but I am afraid he will think it’s too childish before long, and that he would prefer the more “mature” look of the ace version. I’m sure he’ll like ace 2 right now, but in two years time he’ll be 12 and might think it too childish looking. 

What are your thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@AnnaValla It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community.

Thank you for your interest in purchasing Fitbit products. In my opinion, it might be a good idea buying the Fitbit Ace 2 and when he be 13, if you are in the U.S., he'll be able to create his own Fitbit account (outside the Family account) and set up any of the new Fitbit devices.

You can check out the different features of the Fitbit products currently available at this site.

If you have any other question, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Stick with the original.  When you are purchasing get a few straps for the Alta. The straps for the Alta fit the ace, so it will look less childish.  That's what I did for my 12 year old.  He is very tall and the original strap was too small on his wrist, so I bought alta straps jn size large and they are great.   He likes how small the original is.  The ace 2, looks childish to him.

Update..  I was on the phone with support as my youngest's fitbit doesn't sync and now is dying quickly and am being told to get a replacement for the kids device the old one needs to be sent back.  This is different from any replacements on the adult version.  So bear in mind that if anything goes wrong you will have to send the device back and have it processed there before a new one is sent to you.  So you will be paying to have your device shipped back and forth.

Best Answer

If the lack of waterproofing is not an issue I would definitely go for the original ACE. It also depends on a lot when the birthday is since the ACE2 won't be available until beginning of the summer.

Best Answer

Like @Giampi71, said, I would tend to stick with the original Ace if the waterproofing feature isn't an issue.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@Ace_mom @Giampi71 @DramaQueenDiva Thanks for visiting the Community. Sorry for the delayed response.

@AnnaValla We are excited to know which Tracker you'll purchase. Hope these comments help you to decide and take the best option.

Feel free to contact us at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi AnnaValla, I’m also in the same boat, my daughter has just turned 10 but is at the age of believing she is fat (far from it).  So I want to get her a Fitbit, as both me and husband have had one for years.  I really like the idea of the waterproof part of the Ace2, but it looks very childish, and I’m worried she will think it’s not very fashionable. So was debating whether to go for the original Ace.   I would be interested to see what you choose, and if anyone knows if the functionality for both are the same, as you can’t compare both against each other on the website.

Best Answer
0 Votes