Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ace strap too small

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve just bought the Fitbit ace for my son the strap is way too small will any other fitbit strap be compatable with it.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

Thank you for your reply @nik27, regardless of the specific details regarding the bruises you mentioned, this would still be handled by a different department, and could take just a bit longer to get a reply. However, while sending your information to Customer Support one more time, I've been informed that they already sent you a reply, please check your inbox for further details.

Keep us posted.  

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Received the larger strap for my daughters Fitbit today.  Thank you very much to the community and customer support for facilitating this.  Very much appreciated.

Best Answer

@Kel74 I'm so glad to hear that you have received the large strap for your daughter's Ace. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought my 11-year-old son a fitbit ace during this black Friday. I have the same sizing problem. Could I also get a larger strap as a courtesy? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jzhu A moderator may or may not see this, so you may want to go ahead and reach out to customer service to request the larger strap. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Customer Service today advised me that an extra large strap is now included in the packaging as I have bought one for my soon to be 8 year old for Christmas and after seeing the strap size vs her current wrist size was worried it was going to be too small.  Anyone know if this is true?  I haven't opened the packaging to find out given it is a present.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. There is another one in the package that is a little larger. My son
cannot wear the original strap at all. But even this larger one is tight on
him. I am requesting an extra.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing in the ones I just received for my daughter and her cousin.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jzhu, it's good to see you around in the forums for the first time. I sent your information to Customer Support, but I've been informed that you already have a case created with them. I hope everything goes well. 

Welcome to the forums @Nic09 and @MoodyEve, it's possible that not all retailers have the new packages with the extra band you mentioned. Did you purchase these trackers directly from the Fitbit Store? Also, let us know if the size of the wristband is too small for your son/daughter or nephew. 

Keep us posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Hi @DavideFitbit thank you so much for your reply.  I purchased my daughter's from Big W here in Australia just last week.  Customer Service sent me the link to the pdf manual which states about the extra strap being included, but cannot be sure without opening the package (which I don't really want to do with it being a gift).  If I supply the numbers off the box, does that help you in determining if it is included?  I did ask Customer Service this in my reply email, but they did not answer that - just sent me the pdf manual.  Customer Service also said if not or it still did not fit, I would have to purchase an Alta band which I am unhappy with given others have been sent bands.  If you can help me, I would appreciate it as this is the main item she has requested for Christmas and I certainly don't want her to be disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Would be good if it is true!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish I would have seen this post earlier.  I just received the Fitbit Ace for my 11 yr old for Christmas and found the strap is too small.  He likes the blue color a lot too. 😥

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Azmommy reach out to customer service.  They may be able to find a solution for you. 

Best Answer

@Nic09 Thank you for getting back and I apologize for the late response. I would like to follow up and would like to know if you opened the Ace box already or not. If not, please open the box and see if the large band comes with it. If the band is just the small one, please let me know and we'll be happy to find a solution for you.

@Azmommy Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your son's Ace band is too small. I'll send you case to our Customer Service department and they'll be happy to find a solution as @Jdubyakc mentioned.

I'll be around if you guys have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit it's ok.  I just purchased my son a Fitbit Charge 2 like mine instead.  He is almost 12 and needs room to grow.  The Ace is just way too small for kids over 9 or 10 yrs old in my opinion.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Our replacement one was still blue
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Azmommy Thank you for keeping us updated and I understand your decision. I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

@Mum108 I'd like to know more details about your post. The replacement color is not the one that you asked for?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JuanJoFitbit we have now opened the box (was a Christmas gift) to find there is no additional wristband included in our packaging.  Supplied wristband is snug and on the last hole. Have sent an email with photo to your Customer Service as they asked me to let them know if this was the case.  If you don't mind following this up it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you so much 🙂 

Best Answer

@Nic09 Thank you for joining this thread! I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience you had with the Ace wristband size. Regarding the email you sent to our Support team, please let me know if the email you sent the email from, is the same email that is linked to your Fitbit account.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JuanJoFitbit.  Thank you for your reply.  I have updated email details in my Fitbit account so it matches the email I have been using in my communications with your Support team and you can find me.  If there is anything else you require, please let me know 🙂  Thank you once again for your assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes