Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit family account - do we have to use my login details on kids phone?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set up a family account on my phone and I can switch to my sons view.  He now has a phone of his own, does he have to login with my login details?  If not, how to our register his login to the family account and his fitbit?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @BernieRabbit.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your concern about using your login details on your kid's phone. Thank you for providing the additional details, I am glad to help. As your son has now his own phone, you need to log in to your Fitbit account using your login details and then switch to kid view. You can confirm the steps to set up the tracker at How do I set up Ace or Ace 2 for my child?

If the tracker is paired to your child’s device, it syncs every time your child opens the Fitbit app. After your child syncs their tracker, log in to your Fitbit family account on your device and switch to kid view to check their daily activity. For more information, see How does my child sync Ace or Ace 2 with their device?

I'll be around if you have any additional questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your quick response.  I will try this tomorrow when my son is awake and the fitbit is nearby.  I'm sure it will all be fine, thanks for pointing me in the right direction 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @BernieRabbit, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your efforts and hope the information provided will be helpful. Thank you for your time and feedback. 

Please don't hesitate to get back if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Liliya 

I have downloaded the Fitbit app on to my sons phone.  Why do I have to use my login details on his phone ? Can I create him a login and then add him back in to the family account ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @BernieRabbit, thank you for your response.

I appreciate the additional details and would like to advise that since your son's account is connected to your Fitbit family account, you need to log into your Fitbit account first using your email and password and then switch to kid view by following these steps:  

1. Tap the Today tab, and tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap My Family.
  3. Under your child’s name, tap Switch to Kid View.

You can leave the app in the kid view for your son to sync the tracker and check his stats. For more information, see How do I see my child’s stats in the Fitbit app?

You can create another Fitbit account associated with another email address, then create a Fitbit family account and set up your son's tracker: How do I set up Ace or Ace 2 for my child? It would be the same process you followed when setting up your son's tracker previously. In this case the tracker will be removed from the current account and will be paired to a new account.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

I'm resurrecting this thread put the Fitbit app on an old phone as I seem to get the "circle of death" when I try to "Switch to Child's Account" on my own phone and it boots me out completely and have to log back in (another separate issue). So, thought I'd put it on an old phone - I have downloaded the Fitbit app on a another phone, clicked "Join Fitbit", chose Ace 2, logged in which I'm met with the dreaded "circle of death". Any other suggestions - and please don't direct me to the troubleshooting stuff because I've done all that (restarting phone, deleting and re-installing app, etc)

Best Answer
0 Votes