Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grandson's Fitbit Ace Will Not Charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Ace

Version 37.1.1

Less than 1 year old!

After a full charge six days ago, the charge dropped to zero within hours. I've cleaned the charge ports on the device and the charge cord. I've tried charging via wall plug and via computer port. Nothing worked. I was able to access the screen but now I can't turn it on.

I am not impressed especially after paying $165.00 for it. Is there anything I haven't done to try to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@GreyEyes it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! By the way, I'm sorry for the late response. However, I would like to follow up on the charging issue that your grandson's Fitbit Ace is experiencing. I appreciate the time spent trying the troubleshooting steps mentioned above.

If you haven't contacted our Support team as @Odyssey13 advised, I'd like you to try a restart. To do so, please follow the steps that are listed in this help article. After this, charge the Fitbit Ace for 2-3 hours and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @GreyEyes  Fast way is a call. Get with customer support. Their phone number is (877)623-4997 between the hours of 4am-8pm PST Mon-Fri, and 6am-5pm PST on weekends, if you're in the USA. If you're not in the USA or if you prefer an online chat or email, then click for contact options

Let us know what happens.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@GreyEyes it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! By the way, I'm sorry for the late response. However, I would like to follow up on the charging issue that your grandson's Fitbit Ace is experiencing. I appreciate the time spent trying the troubleshooting steps mentioned above.

If you haven't contacted our Support team as @Odyssey13 advised, I'd like you to try a restart. To do so, please follow the steps that are listed in this help article. After this, charge the Fitbit Ace for 2-3 hours and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! 😀

Best Answer

Good morning @JuanJoFitbit. The restart appears to have corrected the problem. I followed the instructions yesterday and his Fitbit is still charged this morning. Thank you! 

Best Answer

@GreyEyes  wonderful news. Of course you realize that this makes you the most awesome grandmother ever!!!

Best Answer

Why thank you, @Odyssey13 . 😊 I purchased a Charge 3 for me and the Ace for my 10 year old grandson last winter. I was spending too much time on my iPad and he was spending too much time on his Xbox. We have daily competitions on who logs the most steps. During the summer there were a few times when I logged more steps than he and I took great delight in telling him he was beat by an "old woman". All in good fun.

Anyway I believe I'll click the Accept as Solution option as his Ace seems to back up to speed.  

Best Answer

Wonderful idea @GreyEyes  and your dear grandson has no idea he's helping you to be here longer to enjoy the competition!

Best Answer

@GreyEyes that's great news as @Odyssey13 said! I'm also glad to hear that your grandson's Fitbit Ace is working properly again. Thank you for posting the update here.

It's also great to hear that you are enjoying a healthy competition with him and having fun.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! 😀

Best Answer