Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change an account without losing information?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I change my daughters account to a child account? I gave her an account a few months ago when she got her FitBit but now want to put it under my account without losing her information. 

I called support and they said it can't be done. I am Yule Brenner. Anything can be done.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @YuleBrenner , unfortunately in this case what Customer Support told you was (mostly) correct. All accounts are accessed under a unique email address, so when you initially set up your daughter's account, you must have used an email address for her.  That identifies the account.

If you now create a child account for her, that will be associated with the email address you use for your own account, and hers will effectively be a "sub account".  As far as the program is concerned, this will be a completely different person from the one who previously used the Fitbit under the original account.  So the information will definitely NOT be added.  

This is, of course, by design.  If you decided to upgrade your Fitbit and give your old one to your friend, neither you nor your friend would want the information from the previous account to be added to the new one!

However, even though the information for your daughter will not be added to the new, child account you will be setting up for her, the information will not be lost -- that is why I said the information was "mostly" correct.  If you log in to the old account, even if there is no longer a Fitbit attached, you will still see her old information, and it won't be deleted.

I am sorry not to have a better solution for yu, but I hope this helps.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@YuleBrenner Welcome to our Fitbit Community! As our Support team and @Julia_G mentioned, I'm afraid to say that the your daughter's previous data can't be transferred to the child account.

In addition, I'd like to share this help article, which explains how to manage your Family account.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have more questions! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes