Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many children will the parent account support?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

From the launch video it looks like you are going to be able to attach 2 Fitbit Ace devices to the parents Fitbit app... is this accurate?

The biggest negative with Fitbit right now is needing to have a phone for EVERY device, since the phone I was using for my son was stolen he is no longer able to use my extra Fitbit. But how about my daughter? Will she also be able to have a device linked to the same phone/app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Update: You can accommodate up to 11 users in your Fitbit family account including guardians, members, and children. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@Starglowz I don't have all of the specifics yet on using a family account but you will be able to add more than one child to a family account and it won't be necessary for a child to have their own smartphone, they should be able to sync the Ace through the parent account. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

@Starglowz,

If you get a Fitbit Dongle:

fitbit-dongle.JPG

And install the Fitbit software on a computer, you can sync all nearby Fitbits.  This is done automatically with Fitbit Connect.  With the Windows 10 Fitbit App, there's a setting under Advanced:

fitbit-connect-classic.jpg

And then you may look at your kid's progress as long as you have them friended (which I assume that you would).

You could probably contact Fitbit support and sweet talk them into sending you a dongle.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I like the idea of adding a dongle, as @PureEvil suggested, do you have a computer to sync it to?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

No there never really is needed to have a phone for every device. for a normal account each person needs their own fitbit account. Some people use one phone, log out of one account and into the other. 

With Android 8 it is now possible to clone an app with the clone permanently logged into the second account.

Best Answer

You could also sync to a tablet if you don't have a computer.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

I believe the childschaccount will also sync through the parents account .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: You can accommodate up to 11 users in your Fitbit family account including guardians, members, and children. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sorry about your stolen phone that sucks 

Best Answer
0 Votes