Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't switch back to parent view!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am getting super frustrated with the FitBit App... it is way more complicated switching profiles than it should be! I am currently in one of my daughters profile and am unable to get back to parent view, despite looking at advice from previous forums. So here's what I've tried unsuccessfully: from my daughters profile, I go to 'today', click on my daughters avatar, then select 'my family', then click on my own picture - nothing happens and there is no option to switch back to parent view?? Please advise, this is driving me CRAZY! I have already deleted the app and reinstalled it earlier today, but surely it has to be quicker and easier than this.

Come on FitBit... in this day and age I should be able to go back into my own profile quickly and easily with FaceID, touch ID or my phone password?!?!

TIA for your help 🙂

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @CazzaLou. Welcome on board. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for explaining the steps that you've tried prior posting. I see where you're coming from about not being able to switch to your account in an easier way and let me help you with this matter. If you're on your daughter's account under kid view, please do the following:

1. Tap on Today and tap on the profile picture.
  2. Scroll all the way down and tap on Switch to Parent View.
  3. Tap on Switch to Parent View one more time.
  4. Enter your password to log in to your Fitbit account.
  5. Wait a few seconds and you should be prompted to your account details.

I appreciate your feedback about the Family account in the Fitbit app. Please know that every comment posted in the forums is always taken into consideration to improve our products, services and overall environment.

If you need anything else, let me know.

Best Answer

I've done everything I can to get back into parent view but it keeps telling me there's an issue with my password but I know in putting in the correct password!!! This is extremely frustrating seeing as no I cannot access my account.

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner. Welcome on board. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for sharing that you're having a similar issue when switching to parent view, as the steps tried prior posting. I know how you're feeling about not being able to access your account and let me help you with this matter. Although you're entering the correct password, could you please try resetting your password to see how it goes? For instructions, check this help article.

If the issue persists despite having tried the steps suggested above, I'll need you to provide me with your phone's model and OS version, as well with the Fitbit app version. These details will help me to further investigate.

I'll look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also struggling big time with trying to switch back to kid view from parent view.

i tap my profile picture and nothing happens... if I scroll to the bottom of that page there is no option to switch to kid profile. 

I have spent two nights at this and I am beyond frustrated. 

please advise what else can be done. 

thank you 

Best Answer

Exactly the same problem, it drove me insane, family account far too difficult to navigate around 😤

Best Answer

Hi @Nkeeping and @Amanda001. Welcome to the forums. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks to both of you for joining this thread and sharing that you're having similar issues. I see where you're coming from about this situation and I appreciate the steps tried on your own. To work on this together, please give a try to the following steps:

1. Make sure the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this link.
  2. Force stop the Fitbit app reboot your phone.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and try the steps from this help article to switch to kid's or parent's view.

If you see an error message, please take a screenshot and attach it in your reply as described here. Also, provide me with your phone's model and OS version so I can further investigate.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't believe I missed that.

Best Answer
0 Votes