Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to share the Fitbit scale

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set up the Fitbit ace for the child but I Cant seem to add her to the scale, she does not receive the invite or can she add it on her own

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I was literally just typing up this same request/question as I set up my daughter's Ace.

Is it possible to add kids on a family account as users on an Aria scale, so that their weight automatically updates in their child accounts?  Or, if not currently, is that planned for the future?  I understand that the Ace is the only tracker available for kids under 13, but if the Aria scale in question is attached to the guardian's account I don't see why that would be an issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @BarbieAS84 and @gibbyhome, I believe this is not possible at this time, but since there did not seem to be a Feature Request to add the Aria scales for the new Family Account, I have created one here.

If you would like to see this implemented, please vote for this request and add your comments.  

This is the best way to bring ideas to the attention of developers, and the more votes the more likely a suggestion is to be implemented.

Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@gibbyhome@BarbieAS84 Aria 2 is not intended for use for children under 13, this is listed on the box and manual so you would not be able to set it up for a child or under a child account, unfortunately. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Thanks @KateFitbit! I actually have an original Aria that I've had for years, not an Aria 2, so the product info I found said that it's available for children over 9 (Aria Product Info), which would include some users of the Ace, which is why I was asking - there's overlap in available users there.

Best Answer

What is the reason for the age restriction? Can the scale harm children? If so, how?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JDaggerthuggert At this time, weight is not meant to be included in the child account experience and we do not recommend scale usage for children under 13. We encourage families to talk about what being healthy means for their families, and we know that good health habits are mix of regular physical activity, nutrition, sleep, and more. Although maintaining a healthy weight is also a part of overall health, our focus is on helping kids be active to stay healthy.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer