Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I delete my account, do my kids' account get deleted?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I have had a Charge 4 for a couple of years, and I am now moving to a different watch. I have a family account which includes my kids (11 and 12 years old). What happens when I delete my account to reset my old Fitbit? Will their accounts get deleted too because they are younger than 13? Would they still be able to use their Fitbit?

Hope someone can help!

Thanks,

Simona

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Community Forums. @Odyssey13 Thanks for the heads up and your great help.

@SunsetRunner Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Let me explain that if the main guardian deletes their Fitbit account or family account, all child accounts are also deleted. While your kids might be able to use their devices; take in mind their data won't sync to any account which may cause issues with the time not being correct.

What I'd recommend is to wait until they're old enough to have a standard Fitbit account. More about this is described herePlease note you don't have to delete your account as no one other than yourself will have access to that. However, you can always reset your Charge 4 to remove its data in case you want to return it or give it to another person. To learn more about this, let me recommend this help article.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @SunsetRunner  good question. I've asked a Fitbit moderator to stop by to address this. What I would think is you need to keep your Fitbit account. It wouldn't matter if you're not using it for your own activity, but to continue being the guardian of the children's activity.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Community Forums. @Odyssey13 Thanks for the heads up and your great help.

@SunsetRunner Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Let me explain that if the main guardian deletes their Fitbit account or family account, all child accounts are also deleted. While your kids might be able to use their devices; take in mind their data won't sync to any account which may cause issues with the time not being correct.

What I'd recommend is to wait until they're old enough to have a standard Fitbit account. More about this is described herePlease note you don't have to delete your account as no one other than yourself will have access to that. However, you can always reset your Charge 4 to remove its data in case you want to return it or give it to another person. To learn more about this, let me recommend this help article.

Best Answer

Thanks for your answer! And thanks for calling in a moderator. 

Best Answer

Thanks a million @LizzyFitbit will do that. And once again, thanks @Odyssey13

Best Answer

Hi there, @SunsetRunner.

You're very welcome! Thanks to you for reviewing my post and I'll mark it as the Best Answer to help other members having a similar question. I hope your kids can keep enjoying the Fitbit experience, have a good one! 😎

Best Answer