Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to turn a Alta into a Ace?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Spoiler

I recently bought a new Fitibit Charge 2 and so my old Alta isnt in use anymore. My son (10 yo) wants to use it and seems to fit the small band. So far so so good. 

I would really like to turn this Alta into an Ace so that I can join it to the family account. Or simply make it possible to join other devices than Ace to a family account. 

in short: Is it possible to firmware upgrade the Alta into a Ace? Or, if not possible, create a option to join other devices than Ace to the family account  

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @CisZ, although the Ace is based on the Alta, the installaton program will detect it as an Alta, not an Ace and, unfortunately, therefore it cannot be linked to a child account.

At this time only the Ace can be linked to a child account.  You can vote for the feature suggestion to allow other trackers to be linked to a family account here

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

It's great to see new users around @CisZ

As @Julia_G already explained is not possible to make this chance since the Ace will not be detected as any other tracker, check out the feature suggestion that she shared, you can support it by adding your comments and votes. 

Hope to see you posting more often! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes