Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kids Ace won’t charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We bought my son a Fitbit Ace in January and it recently went 2 weeks without charging. After charging overnight, it did not charge. It display s at battery symbol and exclamation mark. I’ve tried the troubleshooting steps listed in the link I have seen in a few community posts with no luck. What else can I do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @vmhowell, are the contacts on both the charger and the Ace clean?  If not, I would clean them, as this can cause connection issues with both the charger and the device.  When I clean the contacts on my devices, I use a toothpick and gently scrape around the contacts until they are a nice gold color.  This means that the contacts are clean!

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@vmhowell Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your son's Fitbit Ace since it displays an exclamation mark. By the way, thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

I'd like you to try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. If contains the steps that shared my friend @DramaQueenDiva but you can skip it if you already tried them.

Let @DramaQueenDiva and me know if the issue gets fixed! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I’m also having this problem. I bought my son and daughter the Ace for Christmas. After working for a couple of months the time and date went wrong in both. I’ve fixed it on my daughters but my sons now won’t charge, don’t get the vibrate when connected and won’t reset. From a family of Fitbit users we’re really not impressed that we’re having trouble a few months after buying it!! I’ve tried cleaning it and done the other suggestions so any help would be great thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@StephP12 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your son's Ace won't charge even though you have tried the recommended troubleshooting steps.

Since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got it working! The first time I cleaned the contacts on the tracker and the charger it did not work but I did it a second time and that did the trick 🙂 Thanks for the reply!

Best Answer

@vmhowell That's great news! I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get your Ace back on track. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes