Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link to child’s view won’t work on app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve just bought my son an Ace 2 but the link to ‘[his name] View’ from the dashboard page of the app just won’t work properly. Yesterday it suddenly started working after several attempts, but this morning it won’t work even after a complete restart of the whole device. We’re using the iPhone app on an iPad as I couldn’t see any other option. Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@MrsLong99 welcome to our Fitbit Community! It's great to hear that you got an Ace 2 for your son.

Regarding the issue that the link to child's view is experiencing, please make sure that your mobile devices have the most recent Fitbit app version installed.

In the meantime, please let me know what was the device that was restarted. Was it the iPad or the iPhone?

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - both versions of the app are the latest version and I've restarted both devices. It's still not working this evening.

Could the problem be related to the fact that I'm logged in on both devices? I'm using my iPhone for my own fitbit and have put the app on my son's iPad with a child account linked to my account.

Or is it just a bug in the software?

Confused...!! Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MrsLong99, thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate the additional details and your efforts to resolve the issue. Thank you for letting us know about this. I would like to confirm that our team is currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution. I am sorry for any trouble and appreciate your patience and understanding. 

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi unfortunately this still isn’t working, my son is losing interest in his Fitbit fast, as he wants to be able to see the stats on his iPad. What should I try next? 

Thanks

caroline

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MrsLong99, thank you for your reply. 

I am sorry to hear you continue experiencing difficulties with checking your son's stats on his iPad. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts that you tried previously and would like to confirm if you've set up the Ace 2 with your son's iPad: How do I set up Ace or Ace 2 for my child? Are you able to see your son's stats when you switch from the parent view to kid view: How do I see my child’s stats in the Fitbit app?

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes