Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minion watch face removed- any update?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please help me explain to my 7 year old why the Minion he’s seen on his Ace 3 daily is now suddenly gone for good. Tonight we changed it to another watch face, as advised by an online help article, because we were having trouble syncing it. We then discovered that the Minion was no longer an option. My little guy is crushed. I googled it and discovered on this forum that the Minion is now only available to those Fitbits with the yellow special edition wristband. This is nonsensical to me, as they both cost the same amount to purchase. When we bought each of our kids an Ace 3 for Christmas, we bought one Minion and one regular to avoid them getting mixed up. We did our research and found that the Minion could be accessed on both and now only one sibling has access to the Minion. This is just so unfair. To remove a feature that was previously available with no warning, and to do so to CHILDREN is exceptionally poor customer service. I really struggled to explain to my 7 year old why his little Minion buddy is gone. This feels equivalent to taking candy from a baby, and snacks of corporate politics. I can only assume it has something to do with licensing, but that is Fitbit’s problem, not my child’s. There has to be a way the Minion could be available to those who previously had it, or even as an option to purchase separately as an add-on. We will not be buying an entirely new Fitbit just to gain access to it. In fact, I don’t see us buying anymore Fitbits at all. We have 3 Fitbits in our family and unless we see a resolution to this, they will be our last. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @FillsFam and welcome to the Community.  I'm sorry, but it looks like Fitbit ended its licensing arrangement with Universal Pictures.  Fitbit also removed the Minions step badges from the app and the Minions special edition Ace 3 from the Fitbit Store.

As a parent and grandparent, I wish I had the words to help.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hello @FillsFam and welcome to the Community.  I'm sorry, but it looks like Fitbit ended its licensing arrangement with Universal Pictures.  Fitbit also removed the Minions step badges from the app and the Minions special edition Ace 3 from the Fitbit Store.

As a parent and grandparent, I wish I had the words to help.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer