Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My son's Ace disappears from family account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I wear the Versa and recently created a Family Account to add my son and his Ace. I’m having 2 issues.   So far I’ve had to set up his Ace three times under his account because it doesn’t show his tracker when I switch over to him.  That means his effort and progress data is lost.  Second, when my phone shows his Ace as the device synced, the dashboard does not update with his tracker info. I have removed my Versa and left it in the far end of the house. I’m not an IT person, but have a decent grasp of utilizing technology to generate info.  I’ve read and tried the multiple “tricks”. Shouldn’t be this much work to switch between my Dashboard and his.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I have a Versa as well.  I also have an Ionic and Alta HR.  I gave my mom my Ace and set her up as a child on the Family Account.  I can sync her tracker without any issues in regards to which tracker I am wearing.  It may just be an issue of the servers being busy.  That's the only issue I have in regards to sync issues with the Ace, in which case I just sync hers after dinner, which is the earliest I can sync hers.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

I’m not sure how telling me all your devices and data sync fine is a helpful reply, but thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What I'm telling you is that it doesn't matter which tracker you (the parent) are using and that it may just be an issue with the servers at Fitbit.  Accessing them at peak times (like dinner, lunch, etc.) means that more people will try to sync their devices at the same time.  If you want faster service (or in your case, more luck), then you need to try it at a time when a lot of people won't be accessing the servers.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@Harasr Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the hard time you've experienced when trying to view your son's data. I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if it got resolved. In the meantime, check out this help article, which explains how to interact within your child's account and yours.

@DramaQueenDiva Thank you so much for your contribution and help my friend!

Catch you both later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

First to DramaQueenDiva I apologize for my short response last time.  I was under the impression this was a Fitbit Help site.  I posted my question after searching for an answer for over a week and trying suggested solutions. I didn’t realize this was more of a discussion site.

I have found a solution, it was just much more hassle that I believe it should have been.  The Versa is my second personal Fitbit device and I never ran into difficulties syncing either.

The issues arose when I created a Family Account and added the Ace.  What worked - turning my Versa off, (leaving at the other end of the  house wasn’t good enough) deleting the Ace from my account, restarting the Ace which deleted all data and setting it up as new.  My son’s Ace now connects and syncs as expected.  Took a lot of searching other’s help questions, but combining steps in offered solutions worked.

Thank you for your time. 

Best Answer

@Harasr I'm so glad to hear that your son's Ace is working properly and thank you for sharing the solution that helped you to get this issue resolved.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer